• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Hoo boy there is some questionable defending on all sides at OT today

Arsenal will rue dropping 2 points to the 8th place side, particularly with Spurs handling their business against Southampton.

Arsenal will rue dropping 2 points to the 8th place side, particularly with Spurs handling their business against Southampton.

The 8th place side had Chris Smalling as their captain today. Just let that sink in for a bit. If I'd have told you 7-8 years a third rate player known for some pretty spectacular blunders would be captain of the 8th place side on this date in 2018 . . .

The 8th place side had Chris Smalling as their captain today. Just let that sink in for a bit. If I'd have told you 7-8 years a third rate player known for some pretty spectacular blunders would be captain of the 8th place side on this date in 2018 . . .

I would have wondered what West Ham paid Man U for a transfer fee.

ALISSON! A few seconds before he kept a ball in play to launch the throw to Sturridge which led to Shaqiri's goal. What a man. Don't think it was going in, but still.

DtuwtZvW0AA-2G2.jpg

Burnley up 1-0. Couldn't get a good replay on whether or not it was offside.

I thought he was off, and I thought Alisson had a hand on the ball when it was poked in (the save he makes from the offside header is great, too). Does a keeper have to have "control" of the ball? Anyway, whatever. 3 points. Also, Burnley was looking to hurt someone from the opening whistle. Gomez' injury wasn't the first time he got nailed where the player wasn't really trying to do anything except go in hard. Maybe it was "legal," or whatever, but it was nice to see what whiny ginger walk off like he had shit his pants. Matip and Lovren better be ready to go.

Man Utd is in a real battle for 6th in the table.

Everton should be two points clear in sixth, but couldn't score a second goal against the FSW and his perfectly parked bus. Gonna need to bring a real #9 in the next two windows, if we're going to take the next step. Tosun is not the answer, particularly in Marco's system. I haven't written off Calvert-Lewin yet, but I see him as Welbeck light at best. So a guy we bring off the bench late in games or start up top when we're playing for a draw.

Honestly though, a Euro league spot and a solid FA cup run would be a great first season for Marco. And all of that is still in reach.

Also Gomes again was fantastic yesterday, but I'm sure Who Scored gave him a 6.70 or something stupid like that, because they don't reward players who actually attempt to move the ball forward. They prefer the Schneiderlin's and Will Trapp's of the world. Rumors are flying that Barca only want 25-30M for him (their original investment) which would be a steal. He's also apparently loving life on the Merseyside, so if all we do in January is sign him up permanently I'll be more than pleased.

Last edited:
Whoscored ratings are stupid. It is the Malcolm Gladwell of soccer stats. By which I don't really know what I mean, but I think you can get the point.

Matip did not look like a short term answer yesterday. Hopefully Lovren can sort out all his medical shit and have a good 6-8 weeks.

Matip did not look like a short term answer yesterday. Hopefully Lovren can sort out all his medical shit and have a good 6-8 weeks.

Yeah, I hope Klopp can mix and match some, possibly, both of them always seem to have minor things going on. I don't even want to think about a Van Dijk injury since Nat Phillips is next in line (he'd probably stick Fabinho back there first, or try to buy?), but these are the things you have to deal with, I guess.

Back