• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Cocaines. Nah, he was out all last season with a weird back injury and there was a bunch of speculation.

Not sure really, he’s super solid and a plus defender, not great in attack, but not useless, but both Trent A-A and Gomez are much better options. I think he’s been on the bench once or twice this season but is hurt again.

With VVD, Lovren and Matip, Liverpool have 3 central defenders to get through the holiday period. Matip hasn't played a lot because of the guys ahead of him but he's still a solid option.

It would be helpful to see Clyne healthy so that TAA isn't the only option at right back. If Clyne isn't healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see Camacho get some time when the fixtures come fast and furious at the end of the month.

Joe gomez broke his leg by sliding into the advertisements.
There was no contact on sturridge- he dived.
Liverpool deserve the win? Yes for their second half performance but dont clutch your pearls because someone tried to slide tackle the ball.

With VVD, Lovren and Matip, Liverpool have 3 central defenders to get through the holiday period. Matip hasn't played a lot because of the guys ahead of him but he's still a solid option.

It would be helpful to see Clyne healthy so that TAA isn't the only option at right back. If Clyne isn't healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see Camacho get some time when the fixtures come fast and furious at the end of the month.

I also forget Fabinho has been a pretty good right back in his career, and has started there for Brazil a few times recently, so there’s that.

Heard the Klopp quotes from after the Burnley match on the ESPNFC podcast this morning. What a little dandy he is.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/its-li...hysical-burnley-as/193u5pafxkbx01fkffutoyxq69

But Klopp was unhappy with the way Attwell refereed Wednesday's intense clash at a rainy Turf Moor.
“I said after the first challenge, I don’t know who did it, sliding tackle from six-seven yards, getting the ball, everybody likes it. I said to the ref ‘it’s no foul but please tell them you cannot do that.’" Klopp said during his post-match press conference.
“Nobody can judge that. You get the ball, nice, but it’s like bowling. Because you get the player as well.
"It happened four or five times, everybody likes it, but Joe is injured, and probably not only a little bit. We don’t know in the moment, we sent him home so we have to see, but it’s his ankle.”
The Liverpool boss admits that aggressive play is part of the game but was hoping to see Attwell take a bit more control of the contest in the interest of safety.

There's a fine line between eccentricity and arrogance. Seems like the Liverpool victim complex is starting to manifest itself in its manager.

Joe gomez broke his leg by sliding into the advertisements.
There was no contact on sturridge- he dived.
Liverpool deserve the win? Yes for their second half performance but dont clutch your pearls because someone tried to slide tackle the ball.

It was definitely the tackle, but that one was pretty clean. There were a few others that were borderline. I don’t even remember the Sturridge situation, but that’s just Dyche trying to deflect and defend his players, which is fine. Klopp’s defending his guys, Dyche’s defending his, I’m just talking shit :)

That's an absolutely, ridiculously obvious dive. He should be punished for that if he wasn't during the match.
That looks like a pretty clean tackle to me. One legged, the follow through with the second leg doesn't come close to scissoring the player. I'm sure it hurt and it sucks he got injured, but doesn't look particularly bad and I don't see an intent to injure there. I don't know the specifics of the Rule though.

I guess you see what you want to see but the Mee tackle looks worse there than I remembered with the second leg/knee coming in, and I don’t have a huge problem with Sturridge, certainly not enough for retrospective action. Compare it to Martial’s against Arsenal which won the freekick from which they eventually score (also controversial), where Martial is fully past Guendouzi and goes down and they’re not even in the same planet. Whatever though.

Also it’s late and I’m not even done with a long week and may be a little loopy and fuck I’m glad there are matches tomorrow. Peace.

I think I'm a pretty neutral observer when it comes to Liverpool. The Studge dive is objectively awful. Come on.

The tackle I'd have to watch a couple more times to be certain, but it really didn't look very bad at all. Can we do an old school DV7 and get a slow motion gif to examine on the thread?

Fair to say Liverpool are getting the calls today. Begovic didn’t do so hot there though.

Allison is such a beast. No telling how many points he's been responsible for this season.

Back