• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

We'll miss another sitter. Guaranteed.

Being an Everton fan is so unbelievably similar to be a Wake basketball fan, back when Wake was relevant and I cared. Every time is looks like you've turned a corner, there is only despair and disappointment waiting for you. I assume this is why I relate so much to the club.
Wake, Everton and the Bills. I win.

Hoooboy, that final day of the 2011-12 season was unbelievable

I still wonder how it would've panned out if Bolton had held on for a win @ Stoke, meaning that QPR would've needed the point they were fighting for @ City. The final whistle went at Stoke and QPR's sideline went nuts moments before Aguero's goal heard round the world

A cynical person would say he was making that celebration all about himself. If your players wanted to celebrate with you then they'd run to the bench, Jurgen.

article-2308936-194A3ECB000005DC-414_634x542.jpg

I still wonder how it would've panned out if Bolton had held on for a win @ Stoke, meaning that QPR would've needed the point they were fighting for @ City. The final whistle went at Stoke and QPR's sideline went nuts moments before Aguero's goal heard round the world

bad memories

do not want

Sounding like Mason Greenwood has a chance to feature vs Valencia. Lots of the squad sat out training before flying down but he trained with the first team.

Kid has 17 goals in 16 apps for the reserves and is such a great talent.

Another 17 year old, James Garner, might also be traveling and make the bench as he trained with the 1st team as well.

"Insiders" say Liverpool is going with Milner, Henderson, and Wijnaldum in the midfield. I do not want to see that.

Serious question: why isn't Keita getting more run? Easily Liverpool's best midfielder. Like, it isn't even close.

Serious question: why isn't Keita getting more run? Easily Liverpool's best midfielder. Like, it isn't even close.

He's had a couple of small injuries, Klopp is being conservative with integrating him, as he was with Robertson and Oxlade-Chamberlain (and Fabinho, so far). I didn't think it was likely he'd start three straight, but I thought since he got subbed off Saturday there was a chance. Oh well.

He's only just recently returned from injury and right or wrong, I don't think he's fully earned Klopp's trust yet. I would have him in there for Milner.

He hasn't been back from injury for long. Also read that the language barrier is an issue that he and Fabinho are both working on. That second point might have been amped up by the xenophobic press.

I see Liverpool's midfield and raise you:
Lloris (C), Walker-Peters, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane

So...

Yeah. I mean that should provide enough offense to get past minnows like... oh, it's Barca, is it? Hm. Aldertonghen better have the match of its life.

Last edited:
I see Liverpool's midfield and raise you:
Lloris (C), Walker-Peters, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane

So...

Yeah. I mean that should provide enough offense to get past minnows like... oh, it's Barca, is it? Hm. Aldertonghen better have the match of its life.

no messi or suarez.

goddamn, Son could have equalized twice in the last few minutes but the touch not quite there. PSV up on Inter means that Spurs are through if results stand but... wouldn't count on that.

Back