• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Yo siff, you watch the new Netflix show Sunderland 'til I die yet? Pretty good stuff.

Watched the first two episodes and its amazing how much access they had. Manager, players, backroom staff, and particularly the chief executive. The 20-25 minutes about the inter workings of the transfer market and deadline day was utterly fascinating. Definitely going to finish the series. I highly recommend it to anyone who follows this thread.

Clyne gets the start. Midfield three of Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Naby Keita (I like); regular front three. Wouldn’t be surprised if Keita looks a lot like a 10 today, don’t know. Either/both he and Wijnaldum will need to get in the box. Big challenge for the right side of the defense with Clyne and Lovren — feel like that’s the obvious place to target.

Chelsea really fortunate to be ahead. Brighton working them this second half. Alonso got away with red card a few minutes ago as well.

I switched to Southampton/Arsenal after I saw Chelsea up 2. This one has been entertaining. Saints up 3-2 after Austin put them ahead (Leno prob could have done better). Arsenal equalized twice through Mkhitaryan after two Ings goals. I like the two young guys on the right side of defense for Southampton, Valery and Bednarek.

Last edited:
Roy Keane loves trying to stay relevant but dismantling this United squad.

Look at how slow and disjointed United is today. 25 minutes in and they are moving the ball slowly, they are trying way too many "hopeful" passes, there's no build up and their work effort off the ball is atrocious. Hell, they aren't working hard to win the ball back when they lose it.

Dier with an appendectomy, out until January. Leaves Sissoko, Winks, and... Oliver Skipp in midfield? Dembele and Wanyama not close to returning. We have 2 healthy players with first team experience at their position in midfield and 1 in central defense. Unbelievable that Spurs are setting club points records with this ragged squad.

Mourinho giving a low key, informative interview and not losing his shit, and NBC cuts - because of non-existent “sound issues” - back to studio to start whining and fanning the flames. So weird and stupid.

Fantastic performance, though. Best Fabinho game of the year, Shaqiri making it happen, Nathaniel Clyne!

Back