• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

United are such an embarrassing side this year. That was quite fun to watch. Shaqiri Super Sub!

Christ, these are the stupidest questions, Shaqiri handling it smoothly and saves it, doing his best.

At least they got their consolation goal off a rare mistake from our keeper

Pretty cowardly performance by United. Even after going up a goal they looked scared to attack. They’re playing with a championship level back line, a midfield with no identity, and a striker or forward or point of attack or whatever they think Lukaku’s ghost is. A new manager isn’t going to address that. They’re a mid table team this season.

Lukaku, who played 90 minutes, had fewer touches than Shaqiri, who came on in the 72nd.

The last few signings from relegated clubs have been great: Wijnaldum, Robertson, and Shaqiri.

I laughed
7822c3624fe1aa3416a5fca050eda15b.jpg

Pretty cowardly performance by United. Even after going up a goal they looked scared to attack. They’re playing with a championship level back line, a midfield with no identity, and a striker or forward or point of attack or whatever they think Lukaku’s ghost is. A new manager isn’t going to address that. They’re a mid table team this season.

I mean, the tactics hold a lot of the blame for that performance. Just sitting off Liverpool and letting them advance unchallenged until 20 yards from goal. Then when possession was won they would just dump the ball into the A/B or D/E channels in hopes that one of the front 3 would win a foot race where they started 10 yards behind the defender.

Cowardly tactics and if not for a hilarious Allison blunder United would have had 1 shot on target, and for the life of me I cannot even remember when it came in the match.

Jose has given up on the team and it almost seems like he doesn't mind losing because then he can blame the players some more.

Rashford had an effort from outside the box about five/six minutes in.

Fab and Bert highlights:

Yeah, that one took out a steward, but I was only talking about shots on target. United didn't have one (besides the goal) outside of Rashford's, which was hit well and might have moved a bit, but ended up right in Alisson's gut.

Was chatting with friends about our current most-hated players list. Here's mine:

Callum Wilson, Dwight Gale, Chico Flores, Funes Mori, Kevin Miralles, James McCarthy, Erik Lamela, Phil Jones, Jordan Henderson, Pedro, Oriol Romeu, Ryan Shawcross, Marcus Rojo, Paul Pogba, Roberto Firmino, Ashley Young, Dele Alli, Anders Herrera, Marcus Alonso.

Can't think of a twentieth so I'll leave that spot open for now.

I don't have very strong feelings for a lot of your list. Lamela and Henderson are good choices. Ashley Young is definite top 3. Alli and Herrera have punch-able tendencies.

Azpilicueta is #1-4 for me.
It's becoming way more common, but anyone who shouts abuse at an official, regardless of how poor a call was just made, is immediately rocketing up my unlikable list. I've found this tends to be hard tackling defensive midfielders and centerbacks. Arsenal is especially good at this. (See Xhaka, Granit and Sokratis, whatever).
Richarlison is doing a nice job of moving up as well with his constant disgusted look and tendency to throw himself to the ground when at all possible. Sterling is in this category as well but he's turned a small corner in my book and is trending in the right direction.
Jose Holebas seems to dislike his own teammates, the opponent and the officials equally, which impresses and disgusts me. He might be the player I'd least like to have a drink with.
Harry Arter and Mark Noble make the list as well.

I'd rather turn it into a Most Hated Starting XI, but I like the concept Phan:

GK - Ederson (nice neck tat sleeve you douche)
DEF - Adam Smith (Bournemouth RB who was "concussed" after being brushed by Richarlison earlier this season)
DEF - Stones (traitor scum)
DEF - David Luiz (stupid hair)
MID - Milner (just die already)
MID - Pogba (massive douche)
MID - Dele (so hateable)
MID - Henderson (such a punchable face)
MID - Ozil (what a waste)
FWD - Zaha (whiny flopper)
FWD - Chicharita (MexiCUNT)

Was chatting with friends about our current most-hated players list. Here's mine:

Callum Wilson, Dwight Gale, Chico Flores, Funes Mori, Kevin Miralles, James McCarthy, Erik Lamela, Phil Jones, Jordan Henderson, Pedro, Oriol Romeu, Ryan Shawcross, Marcus Rojo, Paul Pogba, Roberto Firmino, Ashley Young, Dele Alli, Anders Herrera, Marcus Alonso.

Can't think of a twentieth so I'll leave that spot open for now.

I'm amused at your choice of Firminho. Explain?

He annoys me, I think he's overrated, he has a neck tattoo, his face is punchable.

He's towards the bottom of my list, ranking wise. I do acknowledge that he does a lot of intangible things on the field, and I like that he doesn't whine in the media when he's benched.

Any others need explaining? My hate is irrational but usually based on something.

Back