• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

It is very annoying as a neutral to watch a Liverpool match

Every little one touch pass is “spellbinding!” or “balletic” or “enchanting”

It’s like calm down they played at half speed and comfortably won 2-0 against the 17th placed team in the league

Oh well. Sucks for you guys. I’m having a blast.

Liverpool have conceded 8 goals in Joe Gomez’ last 35 appearances.

Holy shit, why doesn’t he SHOOT??? Tiki-taka.

For the first time ever, Liverpool have beaten every other team in the league.

Sounds like Sheffield United might be close to signing Sander Berge, that'd be a hell of a pull for them. I hope it happens.

They are a little more interesting than that in their buildup, but as long as he is alert to second balls, he'll see plenty of it and can just dribble through everyone. Wilder doesn't strike me as a dude who would buy someone for what it will cost without a plan. He seems pretty sharp, but who knows.

Although I am now reminded that he took a chance on Ravel Morrison (who they are going to allow to leave now apparently), so maybe his judgment is shit. I've enjoyed watching them play more than I thought this year, though. I like Fleck, Lundstrum, and Oli Norwood.

I realize that you've probably never liked him but I find it entertaining that your dislike for Henderson at least as I've become aware of it seems to perfectly correlate to Henderson lifting the most prestigious trophies in the game.
Yes, it's possible that my dislike has increased as fans and pundits seem to think he's worthy of player of the year awards. Him lifting trophies didn't actually prove that he's any good. Just that he has good teammates. You don't think other midfielders could do the same thing but better?

But you're right, I have long disliked him. Ever since I watched him play as a teenager at the Stadium of light before any Liverpool fan had ever heard of him.

Sure.

Bruno done and dusted. Negligent it wasnt done in July.

Perhaps were dealing with supreme football from Sheffield united. So tempting.

We eagerly await the radars.

Anyway, Berge is finalized to Sheff United, so we'll get to see how he does.

Danny Rose gets his move north. Loan to Newcastle with option to buy in the summer.

He will be missed for sure.

Chris Wilder is maybe the third best tactical manager in the prem after Pep and Klopp but go off

Also, to continue down this path - I think Big Sam and Tony Pulis are good tactical managers. Doesn't mean they have their teams get the ball down and knock it around, but there ya are.

Danny Rose gets his move north. Loan to Newcastle with option to buy in the summer.

He will be missed for sure.

he's shit and has always been shit

Like a United supporter saying, "oh I miss John O'Shea..."

yeah, there is nostalgia there. But still a crap player (PL standard crap, of course)

Emre Can moving from Juve to Dortmund, initial loan with an obligation to buy. That move worked out well for him. Tough luck, handsome Emre. We will always have that amazing bike against Watford -- goal of the decade.

Newcastle can't score a goal, but sure go and get some more Defenders...

Manchester United trying to sign Odion Ighalo from China to kill everyone in England with coronavirus so to prevent Liverpool from winning the title may be just crazy enough to work.

Back