• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I've been on a call and have only been paying 15% attention but that seemed pretty against the run of play? Annoying.

Link for anyone who missed it. Moura gets fouled, falls while looking away, has the ball kicked into his back, and is called for a handball such that an open play goal is disallowed. No one on the field had even reacted.

https://streamgoals.com/video/a9ce234127

It was complete bullshit. Even though I've got nothing in this game, I had to yell at the TV. (I also enjoyed yelling to interrupt my annoying sister's work Zoom call...football is much more important than whatever she was yapping about).

The anchors are calling it a correct interpretation of a poorly-written rule, which is still bullshit. Even if the ball touched Moura's elbow as he fell (from being fouled), that touch did not set up the goal; the defender kicking the ball into his back set up the goal. In any case, a touch on the elbow while falling, having been fouled has NEVER been called a handball. It's called a foul.

So either Kane doesn't score and continuation is called or Kane doesn't score and a free kick is called but in no world is that play stopped for being a handball. UNLESS Kane scores and VAR somehow makes that possible, through a misinterpretation of a poorly-written rule. I'm still furious.

End me.

Although I could argue that a 1-1 game plays out differently than a 1-0 game due to that call, it doesn't matter. Fuck the Mourinho hire, can't wait to forget this shit season.

I'm still super mad that shit happened to my boys, though.

End me.

Although I could argue that a 1-1 game plays out differently than a 1-0 game due to that call, it doesn't matter. Fuck the Mourinho hire, can't wait to forget this shit season.

I'm still super mad that shit happened to my boys, though.

Pretty much this. Really disappointing season and lots of uninspired play for an uninspiring manager.

Benders after a 30-year title drought just hit different

Mourinho is more than past it. Wonder what kind of job he can get after Spurs fire him in November?

I have no idea why we didn't just hire a caretaker for this year and then go out and hire one of the RB folks in the offseason. FFS, for what we're paying Mou... There's a reason he was unemployed.

Back