• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Watkins has missed 4 of 6 penalties in the league? Why is he taking penalties?

MUFC just 2 points outside the top 4 and only 5 back of 1st with a game in hand.

Spurs drawn away to Marine AFC in the third round of the FA cup.

Marine AFC are non-league, and play in the North Premier League Division One, or 8th tier of English football. Their ground holds around 3k fans but only seats 389. This is gonna be great. #magicofthecup and such.

rossett_park_marine_travel_arena13438l.jpg

img_2565.jpg

Spurs drawn away to Marine AFC in the third round of the FA cup.

Marine AFC are non-league, and play in the North Premier League Division One, or 8th tier of English football. Their ground holds around 3k fans but only seats 389. This is gonna be great. #magicofthecup and such.

rossett_park_marine_travel_arena13438l.jpg

img_2565.jpg

I want to watch this game, just to see a UCL-caliber team playing on a pitch like this.

If you are Marine AFC, how high do you grow the grass for this match? What other semi-dirty tricks can you use as you try to pull the improbable upset?

If you are Marine AFC, how high do you grow the grass for this match? What other semi-dirty tricks can you use as you try to pull the improbable upset?

Someone Spurs played recently – can't recall who – had goals that were 5cm too short. Our GKs noticed in pre-game and forced the swap to regulation equipment.

I’m thinking soaking the field leading up to the match. They may also adjust the dimensions of the field to still be legal but make it smaller.

Also, try to sneak on 2-3 extra field players.

Isn't the Fulham supporter so cute!

Back when King Kenny was last in charge at Liverpool, I seem to recall a certain United supporter on this board celebrating Liverpool wins, precisely because it meant Dalglish's mediocre tenure would continue. Thankfully, there weren't enough wins to keep him employed.

The problem with OGS is that he's doing just well enough to keep his job without ever actually contending for the trophies that made United one of the world's biggest clubs. It is possible of course that OGS is able to turn the corner and restore United to premier league or champion's league winner but that doesn't seem likely to me.

Either way, if I supported United, I would want resolution on whether OGS is the answer before Pochettino gets a new job.

United currently in 8th in xGdiff/90 (xG for - xG against per 90), a really, really accurate predictor of finish in the table.

City and Villa (and especially Brighton) underperforming in the table per their excellent xGdiff and Tottenham and Leicester overperforming. That passes the eye test for me.

Arsenal 14th in table and 15th in xGdiff.

United are 9th in non penalty expected goals for, still too reliant on the spot for their goals. 5th in shots per 90, very good shot numbers, but goals per shot 11th. Taking a lot of ill-advised, low xG shots from poor positions. Southampton's shot map is something Ole should look over--they take really high quality shots.

Oh no not Delph off with a hamstring anything but that

Beautiful Everton goal before the half after Burley squanders a chance at 2-0. Big momentum change.

Back when King Kenny was last in charge at Liverpool, I seem to recall a certain United supporter on this board celebrating Liverpool wins, precisely because it meant Dalglish's mediocre tenure would continue. Thankfully, there weren't enough wins to keep him employed.

The problem with OGS is that he's doing just well enough to keep his job without ever actually contending for the trophies that made United one of the world's biggest clubs. It is possible of course that OGS is able to turn the corner and restore United to premier league or champion's league winner but that doesn't seem likely to me.

Either way, if I supported United, I would want resolution on whether OGS is the answer before Pochettino gets a new job.
What trophies did Poch win again?

Back