• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Ben Davies whoscored profile is slightly discouraging.

Strengths? No strengths
Weaknesses? Tackling

I guess add "has a pulse and is nominally a CB" to strengths and he slots in nicely as our second best defender.

I hope that between Phillips, Davies, and Kabak we can move Fabinho and Henderson back to midfield and see what three works best there. Fabinho is still probably our best CB though so I doubt he moves until the start of next season (unless VVD comes back before then).

Strengths? No strengths
Weaknesses? Tackling

I guess add "has a pulse and is nominally a CB" to strengths and he slots in nicely as our second best defender.

I hope that between Phillips, Davies, and Kabak we can move Fabinho and Henderson back to midfield and see what three works best there. Fabinho is still probably our best CB though so I doubt he moves until the start of next season (unless VVD comes back before then).

I imagine he's 3rd choice and Fabinho stays in defense. I like our scouts, but I don't think a 25 year-old, never left the Championship CB that we bought for 500K is going to be more than just a stop gap.

Leeds has been my club since 1992, when I lived in a small, crappy house in Salisbury Maryland with 3 other guys that worked with me at WBOC-TV. One of the guys was an older. guy from Yorkshire who loved American football, but never understood baseball or basketball. His brother sent him tapes of Leeds matches that were literally months old that we would watch as he tried to explain relegation, leagues, cups and Europe competition to a bunch of 22 year old drunks.

He went home and brought me back a jersey, which I still have today. Leeds was a top contender back then, but we (and most Yanks) didn't know who the fuck they were, and there was no such thing as internet for updated information.

I stuck with them through the dark years, and thanks to modern media, actually got to follow them in the last 20 years or so. Not that there was good news except for last season.

That's my Leeds United story and I am sticking to it.
Leeds are so fun to watch. You're the footballing version of me and my Bills. After a quarter century of sub-medocrity, you get to enjoy an attacking powerhouse (with clear defending issues).

Strengths? No strengths
Weaknesses? Tackling

You could have had Mustafi for the low, low price of $0

What's the fucking point of VAR if it never gets used? That is a ridiculous red card and if Pawson goes and looks at it for even one second, he's changing it to a yellow. Penalty, sure. Whatever. But accidental contact of the most minute amount should never be a straight red card.

EtPi9-dXIAMMwdg

It seems as if that is given, Saka's should have been given. Or neither.

Even if the red card is rescinded on appeal (which it absolutely should be) that doesn't help that we are now robbed of any chance of getting points today because of sheer incompetence from the Premier League and their officials.

Announcers don’t know the rule either as they keep going on about it being the right call and the official not having any discretion.

so Arsenal fans do you want the red card rescinded? so he can play some more or .......

so Arsenal fans do you want the red card rescinded? so he can play some more or .......

Luiz has been remarkably consistent this year, hasn't really had an incredibly poor game. And he wasn't terrible last year outside of that one City match. Luiz gets criticized unfairly on his reputation, he's not excellent but you can do way worse for a 3rd/4th CB than him right now.

Well I guess there goes the rest of the season. JFC.

This is pretty amazing.

This is pretty amazing.

I would say that at least 3 of those were total bullshit and a couple other ones were for things that we got a red card and immediately thereafter a different club did the same thing and either got a yellow or nothing at all. Same old Arsenal, always cheated by the PL officials.

Back