• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Beautiful from Siggy. Make sure to include that on the highlight reel when we shop him to Italian clubs in January.

He's too slow on and off the ball to play the way we did today regularly. Sell while we can still get some cash for him.

He would honestly be a perfect guy to have coming off the bench, but no chance he'd accept that role. I agree with you today was what an Everton performance should look like. Intensity, work rate, and direct play throughout. Joy to watch. Only thing that still puzzles me is not playing Keane. He has looked great every time he comes on for me and nobody at striker ever does shit, yet Silva won't give him more than 5-10 minutes per game.

The only VAR call they got right was arsenal match a few weeks ago when aubameyang getting called offside.
Burnley got hosed when johnny evans got "tripped" when trying to clear the ball..

No Salah but it's good to see Allison back in the lineup. No Pogba for United but De Gea in goal. Almost time

That wasn’t “debatable” it was a blatant foul. Unreal cock sucking by the NBC broadcast

That wasn’t “debatable” it was a blatant foul. Unreal cock sucking by the NBC broadcast

Agree. They’re desperate for United to be relevant again and separate themselves from the Crystal Palace/Burnley/Bournemouth scrum in the middle of the table.

Oh well. Sometimes it can be difficult for top teams like Liverpool to break down these lower tier teams at home who are fighting to stay out of the relegation zone.

I dont get VAR

How is that Lindelof challenge even reviewable? Wasnt directly related to the goal and the referee was right on top of it and let play go. So where does it stop? The incident happened in Uniteds half, so if they knocked it around instead of being direct would it still be reviewable if they scored after 30 consecutive passes and liverpool never regaining possession? I wouldn't have argued if Atknson blew for a foul there, enough in it, but pretending that was a no-brainer call is silly. Origi barely got touched and went down in a heap. I saw it more as a liverpool tactical blunder by being caught out by a pacey side that was just looking to counter.

Then Mane barely handles it, it gives him no advantage, and they rule it out. I know that's the rule, but that's a stupid rule.

And then they VAR lallanas goal because?? Just to let everyone see how shit Ashley young is again and again? I hope he enjoyed his power nap on that play. Rojo sucks too.

Roy Keane, everyone. Roy Keane.

The way he says this is so damn Roy Keane.

"Just go and get Kane from Spurs, it's easy. Just go and get him. I dont know what you
all are starring at..."

Gary Linekar gets it right:

Deserved lead for @ManUtd. As for VAR: disallowing goals for that nothing challenge would really destroy the game. Got to be for the howlers only.

I dont get VAR

How is that Lindelof challenge even reviewable? Wasnt directly related to the goal and the referee was right on top of it and let play go. So where does it stop? The incident happened in Uniteds half, so if they knocked it around instead of being direct would it still be reviewable if they scored after 30 consecutive passes and liverpool never regaining possession? I wouldn't have argued if Atknson blew for a foul there, enough in it, but pretending that was a no-brainer call is silly. Origi barely got touched and went down in a heap. I saw it more as a liverpool tactical blunder by being caught out by a pacey side that was just looking to counter.

Then Mane barely handles it, it gives him no advantage, and they rule it out. I know that's the rule, but that's a stupid rule.

And then they VAR lallanas goal because?? Just to let everyone see how shit Ashley young is again and again? I hope he enjoyed his power nap on that play. Rojo sucks too.

I agree with all of this. The Lindelof challenge is given as a foul probably half the time. Putting aside whether VAR should be looking at it, taking away the goal after the fact would have been ridiculous for that type of contact. And while the rule says Mane's goal shouldn't count, it felt like an injustice because the touch to the hand provided him no advantage.

DV7, you like the formation change for United?

I agree with all of this. The Lindelof challenge is given as a foul probably half the time. Putting aside whether VAR should be looking at it, taking away the goal after the fact would have been ridiculous for that type of contact. And while the rule says Mane's goal shouldn't count, it felt like an injustice because the touch to the hand provided him no advantage.

DV7, you like the formation change for United?
It wasnt a formation change.

It was a tactical switch to deal with liverpool

If you are wanting to get into pros/cons of various formations. Just name the coffee shop and I'll talk your ear off.

Arsenal drop 3 points at Sheffield United

this PL season cray cray, y'all

Manchester United behind not one but two newly promoted teams.

You hate to...

Season not even a quarter over yet. Those promoted sides will be looking up at United in 8th place in no time!

at least Spurs aren't alone...

need a large squad overhaul, though. lots of players seem to not be fully invested anymore. seen lots of arguments for dumping Rose, Aurier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld (yep, the whole back line!), and Eriksen, and start over with new blood and youth. similar to what Poch did when he first arrived.

Yeah, this whole league is fucked up and it's not Liverpool and Man City's fault.

Back