• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Fred made 9 ball recoveries in the first half vs. Brighton, more than twice as many as any other Man Utd player.

Fred recovers loose balls! Its what he does.

I’ve never understood this schtick. Fred is consistently the best midfielder you have after Pogba. Tireless, pressures well, strikes a great dead ball.

Good thing we have VAR so they can see the handball live and in slow motion and still not call it

Assuming that is the rule I guess and that is isn’t like basketball where you can only look at one specific thing and have to ignore everything else you might see.

Brasky is probably loving this direct, counter-attacking football from Liverpool destroying Pep's dominant possession

I’ve never understood this schtick. Fred is consistently the best midfielder you have after Pogba. Tireless, pressures well, strikes a great dead ball.

Nah. Fred has been worthless for most of his stint at United. He’s defs got skill on the ball, but he’s consistently lost out on the field. I’ll admit that he’s improved quite a bit in the past few games now that he’s getting regular playing time out of necessity, but let’s not say he’s been the best after Pogba. Scotty McBibbity has consistently been better this season. But I’m hopeful that Fred, McBibbity and Pogba could be a non-terrible trio in the middle once Pogba comes back. But I doubt we’ll see that trio under OGS.

Nah. Fred has been worthless for most of his stint at United. He’s defs got skill on the ball, but he’s consistently lost out on the field. I’ll admit that he’s improved quite a bit in the past few games now that he’s getting regular playing time out of necessity, but let’s not say he’s been the best after Pogba. Scotty McBibbity has consistently been better this season. But I’m hopeful that Fred, McBibbity and Pogba could be a non-terrible trio in the middle once Pogba comes back. But I doubt we’ll see that trio under OGS.

I'd love to see the STATS BOMB RADAR of % of passes that Fred has played to the opposition from Aug 2018-Sept 2019 and then Oct 2019-Nov 2019

Scotty McHottie at the 6, Fred (in current form) at the 8, and Pogba as a free-roaming 10 would be pretty nice in theory

McTominay, per the numbers, is a bottom 10% midfielder in the league. He’s truly terrible. But he’s got the stamp of approval from SAF and Mourinho! He listens!

Cite your source, please

Fouls too much, doesn’t progress play, gets dispossessed too much, is in the wrong position, and is wasteful when he’s in the right position. Per my (publicly available) data.

Could be good some day though! He might even be better than Andreas! But probably not.

Back