• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

We should just eject anyone who tackles anyone else. Who knows what could happen??

Everton confirm a successful surgery and Andre is expected to make a full recovery! Great news.

That being said, looks like Everton were denied another clear penalty by VAR. In fact some pundits think we should have gotten two.

And somehow escaped conceding a clear one when Mina flopped around on the ground taking Son out. Was just an utterly farcical day for VAR, not even mentioning how hilariously long it took in both cases.

And somehow escaped conceding a clear one when Mina flopped around on the ground taking Son out. Was just an utterly farcical day for VAR, not even mentioning how hilariously long it took in both cases.
Nope. All the FA is against Everton because Brasky supports them. Duh.

The guy that welches on bets. The FA hates that shit.

Nope. All the FA is against Everton because Brasky supports them. Duh.

The guy that welches on bets. The FA hates that shit.

Dude I’ve offered to pay you like three different times, including in a PM, but okay. I get that you’d rather use that line instead of receive a six pack.

And yes the FA does have an agenda, an agenda that includes fucking over Everton. Do I need to link the ESPN report again? The FA is run by a bunch of mouth breathing Liverpool and ManU cunt stains. Men who willingly rig matches in order to maximize revenue, which also happens to help their favored clubs. VAR is just their newest instrument of corruption.

Honestly I blame the cowardice leadership at Everton more than anything else. There should have been a press conference this morning calling for an independent investigation into the biased implementation of VAR. Threaten to hire Private Investigators if you have to. Stop allowing this to happen. Stand up and name names.

We should just eject anyone who tackles anyone else. Who knows what could happen??

Who said that ?

Son should practice running behind a man with the ball this and not tackling him. Then he won't have to show how distraught he is when something goes wrong.

Who said that ?

Son should practice running behind a man with the ball this and not tackling him. Then he won't have to show how distraught he is when something goes wrong.

My point is that those tackles are generally innocuous and happen 10 times every game. The freak accident that happened after the normal event (Gomes planting his foot weird/colliding with Aurier/his foot being caught underneath his other leg) does not modify the normalcy of the preceding event. Otherwise, we should be carding any player who collides with another player going up for a header if one of them bleeds after. Or if a goalkeeper dives into a post saving a shot. Son deserved a yellow for a professional foul. There is absolutely no expectation of that outcome given Son's play.

My point is that those tackles are generally innocuous and happen 10 times every game. The freak accident that happened after the normal event (Gomes planting his foot weird/colliding with Aurier/his foot being caught underneath his other leg) does not modify the normalcy of the preceding event. Otherwise, we should be carding any player who collides with another player going up for a header if one of them bleeds after. Or if a goalkeeper dives into a post saving a shot. Son deserved a yellow for a professional foul. There is absolutely no expectation of that outcome given Son's play.
Why are you letting a troll artist rile you up?

The difference is that Son clearly went in with no intention of getting the ball. You can see that he is going in to take out the man, and knows he's not getting the ball. And it is from behind. I'd agree that it's normally a Yellow, but when you go to ground like that, you always run the risk of getting a Red.

I honestly don't care one way or the other if he keeps the Red or not. My guess is that the Red is upheld, and that's the last "positive" call Everton gets for the next two months. Because that's how you match fix.

The difference is that Son clearly went in with no intention of getting the ball. You can see that he is going in to take out the man, and knows he's not getting the ball. And it is from behind. I'd agree that it's normally a Yellow, but when you go to ground like that, you always run the risk of getting a Red.

I honestly don't care one way or the other if he keeps the Red or not. My guess is that the Red is upheld, and that's the last "positive" call Everton gets for the next two months. Because that's how you match fix.
Whiny little bitch

Jesus christ

I usually respect your opinion Brasky but gotta disagree with you here. Sure VAR blows this year but EVERTON CONSPIRACY is far too much. We should stop sucking ass and trying to rely on VAR calls to rescue points from our utterly shit performances (Gomez injury will distract from another shit game). A lot of the controversy has been centered around Richarlison, and I'm not really sure what we ought to expect when he throws himself on the ground like a little girl every time he is touched. Refs know hes a flopper so makes it tough to officiate. I am looking forward to when we sell him.

Liverpool splitting the squad for the league cup and the club World Cup. Look at this congestion:

Dec 4th: Everton (H) – 8.15pm – Amazon
Dec 7th: Bournemouth (A) – 3pm
Dec 10th: Salzburg (A) – 5.55pm – BT Sport
Dec 14th: Watford (H) – 12.30pm – BT Sport
Dec 17th: Aston Villa (A) – 7.45pm – Sky Sports
Dec 18th: Club World Cup Semi-Final – 5.30pm (UK)
Dec 22nd: Club World Cup Final or Third Place Play Off – 5.30pm (UK)
Dec 26th: Leicester (A) – 8pm – Amazon
Dec 29th: Wolves (H) – 2pm – Sky Sports
Jan 2nd: Sheffield United (H) – 8pm – BT Sport

Crazy thing is that it is only one more match than a number of other teams.

Definitely should have been a handball on Dele by the current idiotic handball rules, and Son should have had a yellow for diving in the first half in the box (either that or it should have been a pen, the no call either way is baffling).

Awfully officiated match.

Son, whether we like it or not, did make a dangerous tackle, that's the nature of one from behind where you're not playing the ball. Anything can happen from there, and just about the worst thing did. Still don't think you change the card from yellow to red based on the extent of the injury, especially since it seemed like it was Aurier and the ground that actually caused the injury.

Also just bad football, neither team looked good. The point helps neither team very much in their current state.

Everton have two games of respite before a truly awful stretch. They'll almost certainly be near the drop at Christmas. Silva should likely be fired, though he's making progress on his lineups. He really wants the 4-3-3, which I don't see happening now that Gomes and Gbamin are out long term, unless he pulls his head out of his ass and gives Baningime another chance. And Walcott is fine defensively with his work rate, but just isn't a good enough player to start in a forward three in a top half side anymore. Think given the current injury state, we should be considering:

Calvert-Lewin
Richarlison - Kean - Iwobi
Davies - Delph
Digne-Mina-Holgate-Sidibe
Pickford

Delph isn't great there, but he's better than Schneiderlin. Really hope given who's healthy we try Beni again, he looked so promising when he played last year.

I couldn’t believe the no handball call on Dele, especially after some of the nonsense we’ve seen in the last six months (specifically the women’s World Cup where if the ball approached a hand it was called on replay).

Video of rec league team sponsored by Son.

Ederson ruled out for the most anticipated match of the Premier League season. I say 2-1 Liverpool

Pulisic with another sexy goal against Crystal Palace. Looks like he may have injured his ribs or something. Flying header and then flew into the post. Hope he’s okay.

Just looked at Everton's starting lineup and its full of crab footballers. Tosun, Siggy and Schneiderlin all starting. Moise Kean not even on the bench. Hopefully the FA will use their favorite weapon of corruption, VAR, against us again today, and then finally Marco will go. Because I can't watch his slow, turgid brand of football anymore. Of course we all know that won't happen, and Marco will do just enough to hang on for another month.

Honestly I've enjoyed watching Chelsea far more than Everton this year. Will never be a Chelski fan, but I have enjoyed this young, fast attacking side, particularly since Pulisic started turning it on. Might just start watching their matches until Marco gets sacked.

Last edited:
Back