• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Gotta imagine that red card will be rescinded, was just a very unlucky situation where Gomes got his leg stuck under him running on.

Hard to complain about that from the ref though, he has to imagine it was quite violent seeing that resulting injury.

Terrible for Gomes but kind of innocuous play. YC worthy for Son but I can't imagining him continuing to play anyway. Sucks we'll be without him. And for Everton and Gomes, of course.

Best of luck to Andre in his recovery. That's so incredibly unfortunate.

Reddit saying Atkinson told Son "i'm sorry" when he carded him. You're right, it had to look bad in real time.

So was that a VAR red, or just the ref upgrading based on the injury, which is super shitty.

Non-gory pic for anyone who wants to see the aftermath (not gonna embed tho)

i.imgur.com/dFzmn25.jpg

Flipped over to the Panthers right before the injury, as we had a dozen or so people over to watch it. Seems like a bad event for everyone. I genuinely felt bad for Son, as he looked mortified.

That being said, looks like Everton were denied another clear penalty by VAR. In fact some pundits think we should have gotten two.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/11/...ight-think-everton-shouldve-been-awarded-two/

Not surprised at all though we got nothing. If you look at all the possible PK incidents (including Richarlison being form tackled in the box last week) from the last two games, the cheapest one was the only one was given, and it was against us. For a player accidentally stepping on the foot of another player. Not raising his arm to play the ball, not tackling or hugging an opponent to the ground.

A little part of me would be okay if Everton got relegated this season. It might be nice to play in a division that was so obviously tainted and corrupted. VAR is nothing more than a tool for this corruption. Its usage is highlighting just how badly biased the league is. Not even sure league is the right word. Maybe syndicate? Because there is nothing remotely fair about this "competition".

Good to see that Son feels really bad about tackling from behind and causing a career-altering injury.

Back