• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

By taking so long to score their fourth goal, they dropped to only 24.

Last edited:
Everton = USMNT and Silva = Berhalter

My two favorite things in the world are being managed by Guardiola disciple cunts who would rather win the possession percentage than score goals.

I just want to cry.

Give me a press and counter manager all fucking day over this boring ass shit.

The VAR call was bullshit but still, Spurs have been kinda broken for a long time now.
I feel it should be for clear and obvious situations, but we've seen how that works... People have varying opinions of clear and obvious.

If there is dispute about how those measurements are made, thats one thing. But if the issue is that it’s really too close/negligible then that’s where I take issue. I think that if you are off then you are off, millimeters or kilometers.

If there is dispute about how those measurements are made, thats one thing. But if the issue is that it’s really too close/negligible then that’s where I take issue. I think that if you are off then you are off, millimeters or kilometers.

I agree. I think the issue is the moment the ball is played is subjective as well. Is it the instant a player's shoe touch the ball on a pass or the moment the ball stops contacting his foot? And do they have a way of accurately assessing that or is it an eye test? There seems to be a lot of variables that make those neat lines less objective.

It's literally a guy clicking with his mouse on body parts. Between the human judgment of when the pass is made and the human clicking on the offending body part with his mouse, there's far too much error involved to be calling off goals as close as Spurs' second today.

VAR should be used when there's confusion, like Leicester's goal, where many players were on/off and it is difficult to tell who is involved in the play, not as a tool to try to undo every goal that is scored if possible. A referee with a clear view of the situation should be trusted if they've made a judgment. If they want to ask VAR for assistance, fair.

And yeah, I realize that Spurs and VAR have a lengthening history now, but no one wants the EPL turning into the NFL.

Ref for mouse-clicking:
https://football-technology.fifa.com/en/media-tiles/the-virtual-offside-line/

Last edited:
Back