• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Champions League Thread (NWT)

why didn't the ref stop it? it hit him, that's the law of the game.

moment getting to the man in the middle?

I was just writing my post about how fun the ride was, but city were much better tonight, ancelotti's subs left madrid with no ability to get out of its own half, and our first touch all night was absolute garbage

This is objectively funny

Sterling and Grealish convinced they will dribble through 9 guys in the box.

Sonofabitch....I had to take a long call and missed the ENTIRE extra session. Really wish I could have seen it. I'll watch the replay tomorrow or whenever it becomes available on Paramount+

So....where do Pep and Ancelotti rank all-time? I figure Pep is probably ranked ahead of Carlo right now, based on his League success.

Pep:
- 9 League Titles
- 5 League Cups
- 2 UEFA Super Cups
- 2 UCL Titles
- 1 UCL Runner-Up

Ancelotti:
- 5 League Titles
- 3 League Cups
- 3 UEFA Super Cups
- 3 UCL Titles (1 of 3 managers to do so).
- Only manager to manage teams in 4 UCL finals (now 5).

I'm probably missing some. But say Madrid win the UCL, does he surpass Pep, if he isn't already ranked higher?

So....where do Pep and Ancelotti rank all-time? I figure Pep is probably ranked ahead of Carlo right now, based on his League success.

Pep:
- 9 League Titles
- 5 League Cups
- 2 UEFA Super Cups
- 2 UCL Titles
- 1 UCL Runner-Up

Ancelotti:
- 5 League Titles
- 3 League Cups
- 3 UEFA Super Cups
- 3 UCL Titles (1 of 3 managers to do so).
- Only manager to manage teams in 4 UCL finals (now 5).

I'm probably missing some. But say Madrid win the UCL, does he surpass Pep, if he isn't already ranked higher?
I'd put Carlo above Pep

Thar Barca team was one of the best club sides ever assembled and the Bayern league titles are discounted in my eyes. No CL with Bayern or Man City is a black mark on his resume.

Ancelotti also the only manager to win La Liga, Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1.

Ancelotti also the only manager to win La Liga, Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1.

Ah yes...I forgot he added the last of those this year. It's crazy that both of those guys do well no matter where they go.

Ah yes...I forgot he added the last of those this year. It's crazy that both of those guys do well no matter where they go.
Pep has managed Barca, Bayern, and an oil rich Man City... is it that surprising?

:noidea:

It would be interesting to see him go to a mid-tier or lower-tier team and test his results, but I think he's scared to go anywhere he can't get all the money and leverage to do what he wants. Though I don't know how much control Pep or Carlo have in things like transfers...I'd assume a large amount. And he'd definitely be given the keys to do what he wants at any non-elite club.

Would he win the league, UCL, FA Cup, Europa League, or other titles with a team like Tottenham, where the "Special One" couldn't? (Though I still wish we'd given him more time). And I am in NO WAY calling Tottenham a mid or lower tier club. I'm just saying, could he do it at a club that hasn't had super success in a while.

Can you describe Carlo’s tactics or how they have evolved over his career? He has been very successful primarily paired with galacticos level rosters. He’s kind of a dinosaur wrt tactics today though. Does anyone think Zidane is a tremendous football mind based on his coaching success?

Back