• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Champions League Thread (NWT)

What have I just seen? One of the worst calls in a final you’ll ever witness

The contact was incidental, even if he was intentionally trying to tackle. I think its the right call.

The contact was incidental, even if he was intentionally trying to tackle. I think its the right call.

That’s insane. Two Liverpool players attempting to play the ball, if they don’t, there’s an on rushing attacker!

Real had 9 behind the ball and played so low. Funny to watch Modric trying to get up field to join the attack when someone holds up a long ball. You can see his frustration when someone turns it over after all that running he's had to do. That being said it's hard to see anyone being tired after that half.

Did anyone look at the initial run by Benzema frame by frame? I thought he looked a hair offside there with his knee

Did anyone look at the initial run by Benzema frame by frame? I thought he looked a hair offside there with his knee

that’s what I initially assumed the call was, didn’t really see a replay on it

If that's how the rule works, the rule is completely broken. They both tried to make a play on the ball. The fact the contact was incidental vs. some sort of pure tackle or pass should be irrelevant. Like if they don't make that play the ball is slammed into the back of the net anyway.

Yea husky must be joking. It wasn’t a deflection, Fabinho was clearly attempting to make a play on the ball. On balance, an even score at half is fine. But that’s a fucking joke of a call.

People on twitter that know the rules a lot better than me are 90/10 on that being a no goal. Had they consulted me I would’ve begrudgingly given it.

Yea husky must be joking. It wasn’t a deflection, Fabinho was clearly attempting to make a play on the ball. On balance, an even score at half is fine. But that’s a fucking joke of a call.

I'm not joking, I think thats the rule. If you're not intentionally playing the ball at the contact it is considered a deflection. Seems like the commentators agreed. I dont like it, but I think its the right call.

Read what you wrote out loud and tell me it doesn't sound ridiculous.

And intentional incidental contact.

He tried to tackle but the contact he made clearly wasn't what he intended as the ball had been played already, thus it is a deflection. Again, not a fan of the rule but I understand the call.

I'm not joking, I think thats the rule. If you're not intentionally playing the ball at the contact it is considered a deflection. Seems like the commentators agreed. I dont like it, but I think its the right call.
So if I'm trying to kick a ball and there is a slight touch and I Charlie Brown it only for the ball to hit my back foot, then I didn't try to play that ball despite me trying to kick it and it playing off of me?

Joke

He tried to tackle but the contact he made clearly wasn't what he intended as the ball had been played already, thus it is a deflection. Again, not a fan of the rule but I understand the call.
That's a risk when you tackle the ball, no? It may not hit you exactly where you want or go exactly where you want it to go

But he played that ball

Farce

That's a risk when you tackle the ball, no? It may not hit you exactly where you want or go exactly where you want it to go

But he played that ball

Definitely a risk, but I think it can be considered unintentional if you try to kick a ball and someone kicks it off you first. Your intent no longer matters as you're not playing the ball as you intended.

Back