• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Champions League Thread (NWT)

I've mentioned it before, but if you're not tuning in to watch this Napoli side you're missing out. They have to be the hottest team in Europe right now. With the right draws in the knockout rounds this squad can make a deep run.

Still fighting for Europa League!

That Shakhtar miss yesterday...

While definitely not that bad, Darwin just had a pretty bad one -- at least hit the post, and the keeper was slightly more in the picture, but pretty bad.

But then redeemed himself a bit with a nice header.

Oh my god - the ending of that Atletico Madrid - Leverkusen match...saved penalty, headed follow up off the bar and a third shot over the bar.

Couldn't watch today but it looks like Spurs very nearly got footballed
The defense w/out Dier organizing it is awful. Made it too easy on the break early.

Once Dier came in (IDK why he didn't start) and Conte made his late subs they never really threatened again and thankfully we found a way to score 3 (not very pretty).

Group D, Matchday 6
g1uhgi7lwex91.png

And now that Atleti are out of all European competitions... I think it is time for Man United to really make a play for Joao Felix to solidify the 9 position.

The draw gods gifting us Real Madrid-Liverpool and Bayern-PSG in the round of 16. We could see some new faces making deep runs looking at these draws in general.

All of the Serie A sides got very favorable draws based on what was possible for each, too.

The draw gods gifting us Real Madrid-Liverpool and Bayern-PSG in the round of 16. We could see some new faces making deep runs looking at these draws in general.

All of the Serie A sides got very favorable draws based on what was possible for each, too.
Was going to bump this thread to lol at my awful Milan (by way of Serie A) take, but Spurs are making me look like less of a dunce. Milan has been absolutely stinking it up in Serie A since the WC break.

First half PSG-Bayern has been pretty closed up so far, not a ton of action

PSG are defending really narrow and having trouble getting out from under the Bayern press

Not sure Mbappe is worth the risk coming back from injury just yet

Was going to bump this thread to lol at my awful Milan (by way of Serie A) take, but Spurs are making me look like less of a dunce. Milan has been absolutely stinking it up in Serie A since the WC break.
fairly sure you can thank Windy for Tottenham going full on Spursy

Back