• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Champions League Thread (NWT)

Nothing to lose today for United and Ralf changes up the squad pretty significantly.

Hendo; AWB, Bailly, Matic (guessing?), Shaw; Mata, VdB; Amad, Lingard, Elanga; Greenwood

And a bunch of kids plus 58 year old Tom Heaton on the bench (Kovar, 21; Hardley, 18; Mengi, 19; Iqbal, 18; Savage *Robbie's son*, 18; Shoretire; 18)

I think this is good for everyone. Starters get some rest. Youngsters and bench players get some playing time. And Ralf gets to see what he's working with.

MASON! What a finish! Shaw's cross was a little bit behind him but no problem as Greenwood just acrobatically side-volleyed it into the net. Gorgeous goal!

Elanga with some good combination play to hold up the ball to let Shaw's run develop and then play him in with a perfectly weighted ball too on the overlap.

:eek: :wiggle:

BAILLY IS A MACHINE. The dude simply must play more*.

*if fit

oh Donny. that's not going to help you get more playing time. woof

So Barcelona gets to experience Europa League...nice. Dortmund gets to join them.

What kind of name is Man City? Is that even a real team? Like Oh I play for the City of Manchester look at me. That can't be real. Sporting is going to crush them, I am thinking 4-0. Bernardo Silva and Ruben Dias, come on thats like the Benfica B side. Vamos Sporting, the Lions will advance them.

[Insert Sarcasm Font/]

Last edited:
Preferred the first draw to the second but whatever.

utterly shambolic from UEFA today and very apropos that United ended up getting drawn with Atleti given the fuck up in the first run through.

I'm not sure if I feel better about the Atleti draw vs PSG either... matchup and playing style wise, I *think* that maybe PSG would have given United a better chance. In any case, that was the 2 clubs that I desperately wanted United to avoid in the draw. FUN!

utterly shambolic from UEFA today and very apropos that United ended up getting drawn with Atleti given the fuck up in the first run through.

I'm not sure if I feel better about the Atleti draw vs PSG either... matchup and playing style wise, I *think* that maybe PSG would have given United a better chance. In any case, that was the 2 clubs that I desperately wanted United to avoid in the draw. FUN!

You maybe could possibly be right, but honestly between the two I *think* I'd rather play Atleti over PSG. But I'm no more optimistic of avoiding a thrashing from Atleti than I would have been from PSG. The only hope here is that maybe by the time we get to the February matches Ralf can get the team playing a better, and maybe with a somewhat favorable run of games between now and then the team can gain a little confidence. Not overly optimistic about that either, but that's about all we can hope for.

Troll effort MAXIMIZED

Diego Simeone on #mufc’s midfield: “They have an incredible midfield. I am incredibly impressed with the work rate. Pogba and McTominay are two of the best midfielders in the world.”

UEFA has to move the final from St. Petersburg, right?

Whoa keep the politics out of a pure competition like European soccer.

Looks like Ralf is going with 3 at the back today with Lindelof, Varane, and Maguire all starting.... or one of them is playing RB with AWB and Dalot on the bench.

Sancho at RWB perhaps? Very intrigued by the starting XI

DDG; Lindelof, Varane, Maguire; Sancho, Fred, Pogba, Bruno, Shaw; Rashford, Ronaldo in a 3-5-2 is my best guess.

Atletico Madrid have played 13 Champions League 'home' knockout matches in Madrid under Diego Simeone.

P13 W9 D4 L0 GF15 GC2

holy shit that is impressive

what a fucking block by Lindelof! worth a goal, that.

he's playing RB in the standard 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 that Ralf has preferred. Ralf must have absolutely no confidence in AWB (I don't blame him on current form)

Back