• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Varane isn’t that good but he’s an upgrade on current choices at Man United.

Varane isn’t that good but he’s an upgrade on current choices at Man United.

He didn't look great in the Euros but he's pretty damn good imo. It's a really good signing if they get it done.

Word out of the continent from French and Italian journalists is that Rennes and Man United are in advanced discussions over Camavinga. Rumored to be working around 30 mil Euros guaranteed + add ons based on his performances and team accomplishments.

Leeds continue to do solid work on the signing front, now having appeared to sign Junior from Barca.

The takeaway from dv7's posts: despite his repeated trashing of United's owners, they have a shit ton of cash to spend.

He didn't look great in the Euros but he's pretty damn good imo. It's a really good signing if they get it done.

He was the best defender in the world for a stretch but he’s past it. A lot of miles on those legs.

Sounds like Messi and Barca have agreed to a new 5-year deal, reducing his wages by 50%. Will be interesting to see what other incentives are in there to keep him around. Supposedly the team was in danger of not being able to register their new signings with La Liga because of all the debt they were carrying. Guess they can now.

More (debt) than a club (should have).

And yes, I understand the irony of a Man United supporter making that joke.

Basically anyone who runs for president of Barcelona or Real Madrid is a shady fuck, Bartomeu just took it to the next level, which includes his predecessor Sandro Rosell, who went to jail. At least Laporta had some good successes in his first run and seems to have a good relationship with Messi.

Marcus Rashford to undergo surgery on his banged up shoulder which has been bothering him since last November. Will be out for the first couple months of the season at least. Hopefully his time off will also help his back and ankle heal as well.
The dude hasn't played without experiencing pain in over a year.

That leaves a big opportunity for Martial or James to claim the LW spot as their own; assuming Sancho will be RW, of course.

He's been pretty shit for Madrid the last two season though. Especially when Ramos wasn't there to hold him hand. I'm not sure Maguire has the same leadership abilities, but I'm excited to find out.

Because I think he's going to be a bust.

I'm much less excited about the prospect of Varane than I am Sancho. However, he would be an upgrade on Lindelof and a never fit Bailly (who I rate highly when fit). Varane was pretty solid a couple seasons ago, btw, but to you point was not so great this past season.

I'd love to see a pivot to Botman from Lille. That dude is a Vidic clone and definitely fucks.

Giroud signs for AC Milan in a 2-year deal. I think he will do well in Italy.

Looks like Moise Kean will be back with Everton this season.

He wanted to extend his loan or be sold to PSG but Everton have recalled him.

Looks like Moise Kean will be back with Everton this season.

He wanted to extend his loan or be sold to PSG but Everton have recalled him.

Seems like a player that will just put his head down and perform even when things don't go his way.

Back