• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Chelsea bought Lukaku from Inter Milan for 97.5mil pounds
Lukaku scored these goals in the Prem (and the final table position of each club): Arsenal (5th), Brighton (9th), Wolves (10th) Villa (14th) and Leeds (17th)
Chelsea have just loaned Lukaku to Inter Milan for 7mil pounds for next season.

Smart business.

Lukaku scored these goals in the Prem (and the final table position of each club): Arsenal (5th), Brighton (9th), Wolves (10th) Villa (14th) and Leeds (17th)

Smart business.

Absolutely brutal.

Smart business.

He's got 4 years left, so it could still work out financially. He's clearly not fit or wanted in their system - so they save his wages, get back 10% of the transfer fee and hopefully he has a big year and they sell him for €80M+ next summer with 3 years left on the deal. Or he fails to produce at Inter and they sell him for pennies on the dollar.

Some interesting moves being made in the league the offseason and some teams looking to revamp in fairly significant ways.

The rumors for Youri Tielemans to Arsenal are heating up now that Belgium is done for the summer. Would be very excited with that signing, hope it gets over the line quickly.

Their first proper midfielder for ages I’m sure

Jurrien Timber's agent posted a not-so-subtle message on Instagram that he loved "traveling for work" while showing a picture of Manchester's city center (or "centre" if you don't know how to spell like our British friends).

why this gotta be on my twitter feed today? bitch, I know he was the GOAT. There isn't any denying that fact.

FWBBPzpXEAI4kuz

And it is absolutely astounding to me that the Glazers will take 11m pounds out of the club today while trying to shake down Barca 10 mil pounds for FDJ.

The club I support isn't a serious club and that sucks.

City pay Leeds 42M GBP for Kalvin Phillips and he's reportedly agreed to terms.

signed a backup for Rodri while United haven't signed a single damn player yet to back their new manager. Shambolic.

signed a backup for Rodri while United haven't signed a single damn player yet to back their new manager. Shambolic.

It's early but yeah, you'd like to see them be more assertive as if they know what they're doing. Assuming some level of competency (which may be wishful), who do you realistically want United to bring in?

It's early but yeah, you'd like to see them be more assertive as if they know what they're doing. Assuming some level of competency (which may be wishful), who do you realistically want United to bring in?

gotta get Frenkie over the line, ridiculous that hasn't been completed yet given Barca's financial woes and him being EtH's #1 priority

I really rate Jurrien Timber and would prefer him of the two Ajax CBs that have been linked

Then I think United need a more attacking-minded RB unless ten Hag trusts Dalot to do that role from the start. I don't rate Dalot nearly as highly as a lot of other United supporters.

gotta get Frenkie over the line, ridiculous that hasn't been completed yet given Barca's financial woes and him being EtH's #1 priority

I really rate Jurrien Timber and would prefer him of the two Ajax CBs that have been linked

Then I think United need a more attacking-minded RB unless ten Hag trusts Dalot to do that role from the start. I don't rate Dalot nearly as highly as a lot of other United supporters.

Seems like FdJ is maybe going to get done this week, which would be nice to get it out of the way. I really like Timber too, but by all accounts that isn't happening this year. I'm also not super excited by Lisandro and don't see that as a noticeable upgrade. Surprised that EtH hasn't taken a run at de Ligt like Chelsea is. And it doesn't seem like there has ever really been any interest in Kounde or Torres, which I find a little strange given how poor the back line has been in recent years.

I think I definitely like Dalot more than you do, and I certainly prefer him to AWB overall, but an upgrade there would still be welcome.

out of nowhere

Feyenoord Sporting director Frank Arnesen: "The deal is there. We are now waiting for Tyrell. If he says yes, then a transfer to Manchester United is imminent."

He was going to go to Lyon but Fab Romano says that United are 'hijacking' the deal. I don't know this player at all but if he's impressed ten Hag in the Eredivisie then let's roll the dice on him.

Sounding like it is expected that Frenkie and Malacia will have their medicals done sometime this week.

United are going to sign some players? I think I'll shit my pants.

Arsenal improved bid for Lisandro, Ajax has been adamant that if they sell one of Lisandro/Timber, they will not sell the other. Will be interesting to see if the hold to that stance if a deal gets done early for Lisandro.

I like Martinez a lot more for a DM role than CB. LB could be interesting for him but then what does Arsenal do with Tierney?

Back