• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Did United sell Telles or Shaw? I thought Telles was decent towards the end of the season.

I like Martinez a lot more for a DM role than CB. LB could be interesting for him but then what does Arsenal do with Tierney?

I think Tierney would still be first choice but Tierney has proven that he cannot make it through an entire season without missing significant time through injury. Tavares had his moments of promise but is still very raw and a major reason we faltered down the stretch was that Tierney was unavailable and our defense was compromised proportionally. Lisandro would be a backup for both LB and LCB at the start with eyes toward making LB his own, possibly? It's an interesting idea, but the cover for LB is definitely a big priority in this window.

Did United sell Telles or Shaw? I thought Telles was decent towards the end of the season.

Nope, both still at the club...for now. Reports are suggesting that Telles thinks/knows/has been told that he is surplus to requirements tho. No idea how true that may or may not be

I think Tierney would still be first choice but Tierney has proven that he cannot make it through an entire season without missing significant time through injury. Tavares had his moments of promise but is still very raw and a major reason we faltered down the stretch was that Tierney was unavailable and our defense was compromised proportionally. Lisandro would be a backup for both LB and LCB at the start with eyes toward making LB his own, possibly? It's an interesting idea, but the cover for LB is definitely a big priority in this window.

Sell y'all Brandon Williams for 25 mil pounds. Less than what Lisandro would cost and he's English! Deal?

I'll have my people call your people to iron out the details.

For now........

giphy.gif

Yves Bissouma cleared of any charges. Guess the club knew what they were doing! Excited about this deal now.

oh twitter, why you gotta do me like this?

has there EVER been a better goal by a two-man front line? this is just...perfect.

Kane, Son, Kulu, and Richy are a pretty terrifying rotation of attackers.

Djed Spence and Clement Lenglet (loan) are next, sounds like.

Spurs doing WORK this off-season. Under Conte they are a real threat for the title.

On one hand, Conte + good players. On the other hand, lads, it's Tottenham. They are not a real threat for the title. Nobody outside of City and Liverpool are until proven otherwise.

I know there's plenty of time left in the window but what the hell is Everton's plan?

On one hand, Conte + good players. On the other hand, lads, it's Tottenham. They are not a real threat for the title. Nobody outside of City and Liverpool are until proven otherwise.

Oh for sure; you'll never catch me saying that.

Think the era of profligate spending may finally be coming to an end at Everton: https://www.bt.com/sport/news/2022/...rton-won-t-waste-money-in-the-transfer-market

I'd love to develop a strategy based on the academy and building business relationships and the new stadium to get out of the terrible debt of the past decade. This new consortium isn't made up of the finest humans on offer, but if they can turn the club's finances around, it'd be better than Moshiri and Bill for the fans.

I saw like 3 clips of United training under Erik ten Hag and I'm fairly confident that United will never lose another match.

Back