• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

You think Fenerbache would do a swap deal of Mount for Fred straight up?
Mount sucks

1-0 to Dyche’s big strong bullies

Not a pretty half but stout defending

Would like a bit more rest for the starters soon though given Brighton at the weekend

Hahahahaha Mason Mount makes for a great traffic cone

And Dalot completely falls asleep, like he does, to Almiron running in his outside.

Just an awful goal for a team to concede. So many mistakes all over the pitch.

DCL too good rn for Beto to get a ton of run but he’s so much fun. Just shrugs off dudes like they’re nothing.

Everton have admittedly had an easy run of games to start the season and still aren’t in great position in the league but I can’t help but see positives after a few dreadful years.

The spine of Pickford - Branthwaite - Onana - Calvert Lewin is just so solid. Thought we’d miss Gray and Iwobi (and Gordon and Richarlison for that matter) and we really haven’t suffered for creating chances. The fullbacks still look pretty rough if they over commit at all, so slow to react and get back, and it puts so much pressure on the wings, McNeil and Harrison to defend, but it’s really coming together.

For the record, I think EtH is the manager to solve this bullshit. But that would takes years and he's got 3 more months max.

Then we repeat.

I guess this is the balancing act of the football gods for all my joy from 1995-2013.

Last edited:
For the record, I think EtH is the manager to solve this bullshit. But that would takes years and he's got 3 more months max.

Then we repeat.

I guess this is the balancing act of the football gods for all my joy from 1995-2013.
The most United thing that I can imagine is that EtH is given a few signings in January and then the club sack him on Jan 31... 5 mins before the transfer deadline.

Then we repeat.

This is the core point to me. United need to commit to a manager and accept that it will take a few years to build a team that can sustain success. Starting over every 12-24 months isn't going to get it done where your goals are to lift the sport's biggest trophies. If you believe ETH is the guy, then back him and give him time.

I also wouldn’t necessarily give the keys to the manager to sign whatever players he wants. Feels like the smart teams are appropriately compartmentalizing the management and scouting/recruitment functions or acknowledging that coaches want a profile of a player and shouldn’t be asking for a specific player.

Back