• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Anderson's demise was also rednose's fault.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Trying to transform that player into a holding mid or box to box mid just was fool hardy.

No human never makes no mistakes. He signed Bebe for 7.4 mil pounds without ever watching even a YouTube clip of him afterall. Yikes.

I'm not sure Fergie knows what YouTube is, to be fair to him.

I really don't get the angst by Arsenal fans over the signing. He immediately improves the team at its greatest area of need. He has a chance with regular first team opportunities to break out just like Sturridge did when he left Chelsea. From a Liverpool perspective, I don't like it one bit because it's an excellent signing for Arsenal.

BwfMJX6IAAEB4wT.jpg:large

Thank you, Chelsea, for bringing sanity to the financial side of PL football.

I really don't get the angst by Arsenal fans over the signing. He immediately improves the team at its greatest area of need. He has a chance with regular first team opportunities to break out just like Sturridge did when he left Chelsea. From a Liverpool perspective, I don't like it one bit because it's an excellent signing for Arsenal.

Yep

This guy's PR team is good. Damn good.

Falcao: "I had offers from other clubs, such as Manchester City, Real Madrid and Arsenal, but when Manchester United call, you listen."

A win at all would be cute, Mr. Hate Makes Us Stronger.

Radamel Falcao finally sealed a £6m season-long loan move to Manchester United at 1.30am, in the transfer window’s most eye-catching deal of deadline day, after the club were granted an extension to conclude the move.

With the striker’s salary of £190,000 a week being paid by United the agreement was set to cost the club at least £16m, with the 20-times champions having an option to buy Falcao next summer from Monaco.

Villa still trying to get Cleverley in on loan this morning. Depends on how hungover the PL is, I guess.

What don't you get? We wanted Falcao or someone in his mold. Not a castoff from the team that signed him. And when there was more than one position of need and all we get is a second line striker while everyone else is throwing money around like they're bidding for the last gallon of gas in Mad Max and your manager is yukking it up at an exhibition in Italy, you get antsy.

I'm fine with the signing. Welbeck offers just what AFC needs, a premier league tested starter at striker. Welbeck can also play wing as well, if needed.

What I'm not fine with is the lack of a new CDM or a backup CB.

He's better than Giroud in my opinion.

Giroud is different. I am looking forward to Giroud working with him, Alexis and Walcott this spring. (Not all at the same time obv.) Giroud distributing the ball to that speed running through could be lethal.

Thank you, Chelsea, for bringing sanity to the financial side of PL football.

Not that it changes your point, but the numbers quoted by The Guardian show Chelsea with a net spend of £10m:

Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 9.22.47 AM.jpg

Back