• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tour de France 23 Thread

Outrageous day from Powless

J-V beautiful tactical day today

Got a late start because I was riding my bike. Found out if you start too late, Peacock doesn’t let you rewind to the beginning.

I'll go on record that I liked his pink shorts better than red.

And I still despise the AG2R brown, poop shorts.

Feel like Wednesday looks cool, and stage 10 looks tough as shit but nothing too exciting til Grand Colombier next Friday for stage 13? Some pretty country though, esp around Bordeaux.

The dude almost riding that one guy into the right barrier? Looked sus to me, but I didn't have sound and am not totally clear on the rules.

It was Philipsen, the stage winner, on our WOUT and there was for sure a nudge but he left him enough space upon plenty of replays. Think Wout pulled up when he realized he didn’t have room to win the stage.

Wout wasn't happy about it, but it wasn't serious contact.

The tour has now entered the village of Condom.

The double lock of Graziac. Very picturesque.

Even in boring ass stages like today it’s beautiful

Neilson Powless is a great climber and it's great to see him leading the mountain classification. But compared to what's coming starting Wednesday, there have been relatively few mountain points awarded so far. Here are the current rankings and the point values of different categories of climbs.

Max points available on Wednesday is 32 for a rider who is first over the top of all 3 climbs (an HC, a 1 and a 3). Pogacar and Vingegaard will not go for mountain points, though they could take some, depending on how the race goes. There are several very good climbers (e.g., Zimmermann, Yates, Chaves) among the top 15 (and some others who have no points so far) and they will hunt mountain points. So after today's quiet stage, expect more fun on Wednesday.

Allez Powless!

Points are awarded as follows:
  • Hors Categorie: 20 points, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2
  • Cat. 1: 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1
  • Cat. 2: 5, 3, 2, 1
  • Cat. 3: 2, 1
  • Cat. 4: 1
If a stage finishes on a climb – aka a "summit finish" – points are doubled for that climb.

Back