• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Just went to O'Brien's Deli at the suggestion of a friend, on Country Club near the ABC store. Really good reuben. Anyone else frequent that place?

Does Camino Bakery downtown do cupcakes? Cake and All Things Yummy in K-Vegas is good too, according to OSDToy

Not regularly at least. Camino does more bready stuff, but they're pretty good.

I forgot about Cake and All Things Yummy. They're pretty good as well.

OSDToy verified that Camino does do cupcakes and that they are good.

Sweet Josephine's on Main Street in High Point makes amazing cupcakes.

Holy crap, I forgot about them too, despite living 10 minutes away. Josephine's might do my favorite cupcakes. They do odd flavors (not like garlic and wasabi, more like chocolate amaretto), have a weekly rotating menu and do SQUARE cupcakes.

OSDToy verified that Camino does do cupcakes and that they are good.

But not all the time, right? Seems like when I've been there, the times they didn't have something cakey outnumbered the times they did.

What makes them special? I'm not a huge donut fan.

The cake base is super light, almost like a cupcake, and they do lots of yummy specialty flavors, you choose the icing and a drizzle, they are customizable...

The cake base is super light, almost like a cupcake, and they do lots of yummy specialty flavors, you choose the icing and a drizzle, they are customizable...

I'll give it a shot when they open down the street from my office in a few months.

Are they better than Rise donuts (somewhere else I've never been)?

I'll give it a shot when they open down the street from my office in a few months.

Are they better than Rise donuts (somewhere else I've never been)?
I think they are better than rise. Rise is good but it depends on what you get, they seem a bit expensive, etc (though I have heard their biscuits are life-changing). I think if you like cupcakes you would like duck donuts.

Newk's in Winston is gone and looks like they already gutted inside basically. Seemed like they always had a pretty steady crowd when I had gone there.

Cupcakes are rare, but I'll get some sort of dessert every weekend. Usually Maxie B's.

Is the line still out the door on weekends? My wife and I haven't been in awhile and are looking to drop in tomorrow afternoon.

Is the line still out the door on weekends? My wife and I haven't been in awhile and are looking to drop in tomorrow afternoon.

The line is out the door most evenings. The line is to the door off and on during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back