• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

I'm close friends with the owners of Fiddling Fish. They are great people and huge Wake supporters. This project has been in the works for a while. They have been brewing for a long time and I can honestly say that their beers are amazing. The space is going to be very cool as well.

1k9hpl.jpg

How have I lived in North Carolina my entire life and never heard Food Lion called Shitty Kitty before. We always called it Food Dawg, which clearly makes much less sense than Shitty Kitty.

From a Winston perspective it's def. necessary given the Lowe's foods renos, the introduction of Publix and Trader Joe's, and the new HT on Reynolda

Not that I'm going to start shopping there anytime soon

Reactions: DDA
From a Winston perspective it's def. necessary given the Lowe's foods renos, the introduction of Publix and Trader Joe's, and the new HT on Reynolda

Sometimes it feels like Winston Salem might be the most coveted grocery store demo on the planet.

How have I lived in North Carolina my entire life and never heard Food Lion called Shitty Kitty before. We always called it Food Dawg, which clearly makes much less sense than Shitty Kitty.

We always called it Hood Lion

We also got Aldi, and they are building a Lidl next to the Peters Creek Chick-fil-a

Four flocks and larder was so so good.

Hm. I haven't tried it yet. The owner took out a full page ad in the News & Record to dispute a negative review. Food reviewer John Bachelor gave it a 2 star review and dinged 'em for high prices. I will also say that a group I am part of did a big event in the event space at the Foundry (same owner, same kitchen as 4 Flocks). Food was OK (admittedly, we paid for basic food, not a deluxe package). Service, event setup, bar service, and everything else about how they handled the event was complete amateur hour. They've got to clean that up. They made themselves look incompetent in front of 250 people, including about half the city council.

Hm. I haven't tried it yet. The owner took out a full page ad in the News & Record to dispute a negative review. Food reviewer John Bachelor gave it a 2 star review and dinged 'em for high prices. I will also say that a group I am part of did a big event in the event space at the Foundry (same owner, same kitchen as 4 Flocks). Food was OK (admittedly, we paid for basic food, not a deluxe package). Service, event setup, bar service, and everything else about how they handled the event was complete amateur hour. They've got to clean that up. They made themselves look incompetent in front of 250 people, including about half the city council.

Co-worker of mine went to 4 flocks when they opened and said they were clueless on getting food out. Took hours because they hadn't figured out how to run a shared kitchen (all the places in there share a kitchen). You'd think it would be smart to open one place at a time to get the idea of how to run such a big kitchen effectively, especially when the owners previous experience is in a 10x10 box at Iron Hen. Everyone who has gone recently said it's better and the food is really good but looking at the menu the prices seem ridiculously high.

Co-worker of mine went to 4 flocks when they opened and said they were clueless on getting food out. Took hours because they hadn't figured out how to run a shared kitchen (all the places in there share a kitchen). You'd think it would be smart to open one place at a time to get the idea of how to run such a big kitchen effectively, especially when the owners previous experience is in a 10x10 box at Iron Hen. Everyone who has gone recently said it's better and the food is really good but looking at the menu the prices seem ridiculously high.

We paid what I would expect for a nice dinner for two with drinks. Braised duck breast and seafood risotto shouldn't be $10 entrees.

We paid what I would expect for a nice dinner for two with drinks. Braised duck breast and seafood risotto shouldn't be $10 entrees.

Wouldn't expect them to be, but think when I looked at the menu the cheapest sandwich was around $18. If the food is that good, then it's certainly worth it. Hoping I can make it down there soon and check out the speakeasy bar as well.

Wouldn't expect them to be, but think when I looked at the menu the cheapest sandwich was around $18. If the food is that good, then it's certainly worth it. Hoping I can make it down there soon and check out the speakeasy bar as well.

The speakeasy bar is definitely a really cool space. Good beer, wine, and liquor list. I was in there for a corporate function and not paying for my own drinks, so I didn't pay much attention to the pricing.

I just want to buy wine at Costco on sundays before the massive church crowd gets there.

I ate at Cheesecake Factory in Greensboro a couple nights ago because my kids wanted to go. I'd never been to one and didn't know what to expect. I'm always wary of places with big menus because I find they don't do anything really well. However we were pleased with our food. I ordered a steak which was a nice cut and perfectly cooked. Wife had fish tacos which were also quite good. Shared some giant slice of cheesecake among the four of us which was delicious. Bill was not bad for a party of 4 but if we had ordered booze it would have been a different story. The inside of the restaurant is really neat, it's a cool design. We generally try to eat at locally owned places so we probably won't be back soon but it was fun and almost worth the money. One thing I found interesting about the menu is that they print all the calorie counts, and the steak entrees are some of the lowest. All the chicken dishes are heavily sauced and usually with served with pasta so the calorie counts are huge. They also have a "skinny" menu with lower calorie entrees which I guess are just smaller portions.

I ate at Cheesecake Factory in Greensboro a couple nights ago because my kids wanted to go. I'd never been to one and didn't know what to expect. I'm always wary of places with big menus because I find they don't do anything really well. However we were pleased with our food. I ordered a steak which was a nice cut and perfectly cooked. Wife had fish tacos which were also quite good. Shared some giant slice of cheesecake among the four of us which was delicious. Bill was not bad for a party of 4 but if we had ordered booze it would have been a different story. The inside of the restaurant is really neat, it's a cool design. We generally try to eat at locally owned places so we probably won't be back soon but it was fun and almost worth the money. One thing I found interesting about the menu is that they print all the calorie counts, and the steak entrees are some of the lowest. All the chicken dishes are heavily sauced and usually with served with pasta so the calorie counts are huge. They also have a "skinny" menu with lower calorie entrees which I guess are just smaller portions.

AskDeacon923GetFat

Back