• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Finally got to The Travelled Farmer tonight. Nowhere near as good as Marshall Freehouse and the beer list was really small.

Food was decent, but not a lot on the menu I wanted to eat.

Went to Cheesecake Factory yesterday because wife got a gift card from a student. Pretty meh imo. Even worse the gift card was apparently never activated so we had to foot the whole bill instead of getting $50 off. That probably contributed to its meh-ness tbh.

Went to Cheesecake Factory yesterday because wife got a gift card from a student. Pretty meh imo. Even worse the gift card was apparently never activated so we had to foot the whole bill instead of getting $50 off. That probably contributed to its meh-ness tbh.

And now you have an active gift card so you get to go back

Curious what the polite way to handle the situation with the student was?

I'm inclined to ignore it, but I'd hate if they paid for something and didn't get it.

Broke my Hanes Mall rule under preggo wife's request to try Hackachow. Will be back - sooo much better than PF Changs.

Phoenix is pretty good Chinese, but their beer list sucks (read: Chinese restaurant).

Props to May Way in Reynolda Village (and BDer for the recommendation). Simple, good dumplings and noodles.

Between Silo and the Village Tavern (you turn right past it to get to the VT parking lot).

Back