• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

PF Chang's is fine for what it is (Chili's, Friday's, etc.), but I'd much rather go to Hakka Chow off Hanes Mall Blvd.

PFCs may not be gourmet, but it far better than Chilis or Fridays. I'm surprised it's going in next to a Walmart.

PFCs may not be gourmet, but it far better than Chilis or Fridays. I'm surprised it's going in next to a Walmart.

Why? Buy some cheap Chinese crap and with the money you saved go next door and eat some cheap Chinese crap.

Heard good things about Ham's over in Thruway (Sorry if I've missed this, just got a text about it)

Took the spot of Fox & Hound.

Ham's might have the best beer list in W-S. I realize that's like being the hottest Duke cheerleader, but so be it...

Ham's might have the best beer list in W-S. I realize that's like being the hottest Duke cheerleader, but so be it...

If you're looking for a solid beer selection head on down 311 to High Point and check out Blue Rock Pizza & Tap. 40 beers on tap, all but two or three craft types, and about a third from NC breweries. Food is pretty awesome too.

If you're looking for a solid beer selection head on down 311 to High Point and check out Blue Rock Pizza & Tap. 40 beers on tap, all but two or three craft types, and about a third from NC breweries. Food is pretty awesome too.

Blue Rock is pretty good. I like Mellow Mushroom better for the beer and the pizza though.

Best beer list in the Triad is Pour House in Greensboro. Blue Rock is good as is Hops. I haven't been to Ham's lately, but it used to be lawnmower beer and Natty Green's.

The guy who runs that restaurant group is expanding:

http://www.hpe.com/archive/x761902561/-Blue-restaurateur-branches-out-again

HIGH POINT —
Blue Restaurant Group owner Paul Riggan has brought his brand of cuisine to a string of successful dining establishments in High Point.
His latest offering is Lulu & Blu, which features an Italian-inspired menu in what Riggan describes as a “casual-upscale” atmosphere.
“We have the old-school Italian influence, but I didn’t want to just have Italian (offerings). So we also have some Southern flair, with things that are indigenous to the South,” Riggan said. “All of the places we’ve opened have been things that I felt we needed in High Point, rather than having to travel to another city to find it.”
Riggan, a chef who graduated from Johnson & Wales University, opened Blue Water Grille 11 years ago.
He later expanded to other establishments: Blue Bourbon Jacks, Blue Zucchini and Blue Rock Pizza and Tap — all in the Uptowne district.
“They're all doing well. We have ups and downs like anyone else. We just try to be creative,“ Riggan said. “My wife and I travel around and get new ideas for things. We have to ask, ‘Will it work in High Point?’”
The new restaurant is located in the space — 2140 N. Main St. No. 105, behind Mattress Firm — previously occupied by Maize Cantina.

Lulu & Blu is open. I haven't been yet.

So basically this new thing on Stratford is a dime a dozen strip mall with a bunch of okay to below average chains in it?

to be fair it is not like we are talking about greensboro.

Paul is a friend. LuLu and Blu is terrific - you definitely need to check it out (he actually co-owns that one with another friend of mine who used to run the bar at Blue Rock). It's in between Blue Water and Blue Rock in terms of atmosphere, but closer to Blue Water. He doesn't own Blue Zucchini anymore - sold it a couple years ago. Blue Zucchini is still very good, though (ate lunch there this week actually).

Kowloon at Cloverdale is some good ass cheap China food, if that's what you're hankering for.

For those of us who've never been, how does it compare to like a Zaxby's?

It's much better IMO. I gave up chicken tenders as a New Years resolution in part because of how good pdq chicken fingers are. We had one across the street from my old office and went allllll the time.

Back