• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Was that the buffet in an old Pizza Hut?

Me too, hal.

Only semi-relatedly, I wonder why it's hard to find a restaurant that works in the former La Carretta {sp?} aka former Shoney's on Coliseum. Would seem a good location with not too much competition in the area.

DOUBLE WHAT?!?

Yeah, we went by last Saturday and again this past Friday and the 'ol Pizza Hut was pitch black. We've only tried Senor Bravo once, and weren't blown away, but maybe the Las Estrellas kitchen staff will make SB better.

Spring house is opening a new sister restaurant at the corner of fourth and spring. It will be Italian fair and wine bar.

Spring house is opening a new sister restaurant at the corner of fourth and spring. It will be Italian fair and wine bar.

Right across the street from the soup kitchen (or whatever that place is), brilliant!

saw a glimpse of the inside when running past last week. looks pretty nice. opening march 5

Right across the street from the soup kitchen (or whatever that place is), brilliant!

I mean, if it's on the same corner from the WS FOundation's new bldg, I'm not too worried about them. That's a primo location now.

I mean, if it's on the same corner from the WS FOundation's new bldg, I'm not too worried about them. That's a primo location now.

It's not. It's directly across from a drug rehab dump where most people are court-ordered for "treatment". It's a pathetic and sad place. Lot's of little children being yanked by the arm while the crack mommas and daddies smoke a butt before going inside.

I can't think of a worse location for killing any mood for a meal. Somehow, Winston has got to clean up that area. It is just a really depressing part of town.

Back