• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Well, if the $31 million updated library's going behind it, WS Foundation is next to it and fine dining is across from it, I could see a move to "improved space to better serve our clients" ahead for STEP or whatever it is they call it now.

Well, if the $31 million updated library's going behind it, WS Foundation is next to it and fine dining is across from it, I could see a move to "improved space to better serve our clients" ahead for STEP or whatever it is they call it now.

I hope you are correct. Right now, it's a dump.

It's not. It's directly across from a drug rehab dump where most people are court-ordered for "treatment". It's a pathetic and sad place. Lot's of little children being yanked by the arm while the crack mommas and daddies smoke a butt before going inside.

I can't think of a worse location for killing any mood for a meal. Somehow, Winston has got to clean up that area. It is just a really depressing part of town.

It shouldn't be hard to clean up because it pretty much comes down to that one Meth clinic. Hopefully that has been discussed because it can't happen soon enough (I work next door).

I don't know that I really care about the theme. Freedom fries will always be annoying because of their history.

Went to burger Warfare tonight - not all that impressed.

Not really down with the theme - burgers were good, but a tier below Burger spot, Hops, and Emma Keys. Fries (even sweet potato fries) were good with the "warfare sauce."

beer selection was good for bottled beers, but basically only had pig pounder beers on tap (plus about 3 others they rotate).

Kids liked it and seating with them + already loudish space make it a better place to take smaller ones than Hops.

We'll probably go back on occasion with the family, but wouldn't go there w/o kids when there are better burger and beer places in Greensboro.

Nobles
Putters
Ryans
Milners
West End Cafe

OrnvN2T.jpg

I think Pig Pounder is a decent beer. It's nothing special, but I like the brown and ESB.

I had one at a Red Cinema movie we went to over Valentine's weekend. Yuck.

Yeah, awful. The Punk Pig or whatever the pumpkin one is tastes like perfume.

Is that theater remodeled yet? What are the prices like? That used to be my go-to cheap theater but I like that they serve alcohol now.

Yeah, awful. The Punk Pig or whatever the pumpkin one is tastes like perfume.

Is that theater remodeled yet? What are the prices like? That used to be my go-to cheap theater but I like that they serve alcohol now.

Not yet decidedly unmodeled.

Good list, but I don't know how Ryan's stays open as I never hear about anyone going there.

Ryans was my go-to parents visiting restaurant when I was in school. Steaks are decent

Back