• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

What makes the #1 Chicken Parmesian Sub at Hero House so damn good? I mean, they dont fry the chicken and have real mozzarella. I think its the sauce though. I swear its the best sub of all time.

What makes the #1 Chicken Parmesian Sub at Hero House so damn good? I mean, they dont fry the chicken and have real mozzarella. I think its the sauce though. I swear its the best sub of all time.

chicken-parm-tastes-good-peyton.jpg

Not sure if they've done this in the past, but they are doing VIP tickets as well for early access.

It'll be a hopping weekend downtown, with RiverRun kicking off that weekend too.

The main action that day will be tailgating in the Gold Lot prior to the spring game.

Where are they going to put that many trucks?

The fair grounds or bowman gray would be great place for a food truck festival. The race track at bowman gray would be ideal for trucks, plenty of parking and the stadium has plenty of seating as well.

they are all over california. the house-brewed beer is extremely meh, but they carry a very large variety of other beer so that's cool. They have a ginormous menu, and like most places that have a giant menu, they don't do any of it particularly well. The location I'm familiar with is a decent place to watch a game due to huge TVs and big beer variety, and they do wings and stuff good enough for drinkin' and game watchin'.

Second this. One in SoCal I have frequented near our assembly plant is a good place to watch a game at the bar with good beer selection. Food is average.

Went back to CCBF to see if it had improved. It hasn't. Still bad.

So I have to pick a place for our monthly team lunch. Where is a good, reasonable place that can accomodate 15ish people in Greensboro? Last month we did Nazareth Bread. I am too new to know where to go (plus I hate picking dinner for my family for fear of someone not liking it, picking for brand new coworkers is paralyzing)

Los Gordos on Battleground

Most locations of Elizabeth's Pizza can accommodate 15

Natty Greene's

If you want to spend more money, Liberty Oak; also Undercurrent has a back room that they will set up for groups.

Something for everyone to order at all those places. Probably a good idea to call ahead or go at an off-peak time with a group that big.

ETA: second Knight's idea of Sticks and Stones but it's not a huge restaurant so definitely call ahead so they can push some tables together, and carpool because parking is tight up there.

La Bamba on State Street is a good option in you're in that part of town.

Sticks and Stones would be super fun if you have a close team of people.

Otherwise, Pho Hein Voung on spring garden is a great option. People think Vietnamese and go, "omg, no wai" - but that restaurant has things like chicken noodle soup, basil chicken, and beef stew. WIth those options (in addition to other great Viet faire), it should please all but the "eats only pizza" crowd.

Sticks and stones is a good thought. Safe for my first go. I will definitely check it pho hein vuong on my own though and maybe suggest it in the future, thanks!

+1 for Sticks and Stones

If your team finds extra time at the end of the meal, head over to Maxie B's :thumbsup:

Back