• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Made it to Rise in Friendly Center for breakfast yesterday. Previously had some of their doughnuts but had the fried chicken biscuit with egg and cheese and it was awesome. I thought I'd be able to eat it while driving but I ended up having to pull over into a parking lot to eat it.

We have one I go to in Raleigh and it's hands down the best breakfast chicken biscuit I've ever had. I know it's blasphamy to say in BoJo country but it's true.

We have one I go to in Raleigh and it's hands down the best breakfast chicken biscuit I've ever had. I know it's blasphamy to say in BoJo country but it's true.

I'm a huge fan of rise. My sister used to live in Durham. When I would visit her we always got breakfast at rise.

I'm a huge fan of rise. My sister used to live in Durham. When I would visit her we always got breakfast at rise.

Had one in Raleigh one time that was fried chicken, mac and cheese, and tomato jam. Pretty fantastic. Also got a strawberry balsamic bullseye donut with basil icing that was very good. How are the lines in Greensboro? Raleigh lines can be pretty ridiculous at times.

Wasn't bad on a Tuesday morning. Hasn't been open long so not sure if word has gone around yet and don't know how it is on weekends. Would expect it to do pretty well.

I heard the Durham one had a meatloaf biscuit but didn't see that on the menu in Greensboro.

Wasn't bad on a Tuesday morning. Hasn't been open long so not sure if word has gone around yet and don't know how it is on weekends. Would expect it to do pretty well.

I heard the Durham one had a meatloaf biscuit but didn't see that on the menu in Greensboro.

They have a few store specific options that you can't get at other branches. Probably is one of those.

Went with a group to The Travelled Farmer in Greensboro on Friday night. Kotis owned/operated property that used to be Marshall Free House. Was not a fan. Drinks were good (as they were at MFH) but food wasn't. Burger was terrible and the Korean Beef Bowl had burnt kale chips and overcooked/underflavored meat. The best thing at the table seemed to the brats (which were nothing special).

Went with a group to The Travelled Farmer in Greensboro on Friday night. Kotis owned/operated property that used to be Marshall Free House. Was not a fan. Drinks were good (as they were at MFH) but food wasn't. Burger was terrible and the Korean Beef Bowl had burnt kale chips and overcooked/underflavored meat. The best thing at the table seemed to the brats (which were nothing special).

We almost went last week. We loved MFH, so hearing the redo stinks is disappointing.

Went to Cin Cin over the weekend. Got the burger with goat cheese and pepper jelly. Food was really good. Service was AWFUL.

Went to Cin Cin over the weekend. Got the burger with goat cheese and pepper jelly. Food was really good. Service was AWFUL.

That's what I've heard too. We're going to try it out on Thursday, keeping with our decade plus tradition of eating at Twin City Diner and getting our tree from my old algebra teacher at Rash's Tree Patch.

We almost went last week. We loved MFH, so hearing the redo stinks is disappointing.

Could just be small sample but nobody at the table was blown away aside from the cocktails (which better be good at $11 a piece) and some of the sauces (curry ketchup & awesome sauce - yes it's called awesome sauce, basically a take on the voodoo sauce from Lucky 32 where the chef used to work).

Food prices were not bad all things considered (generally $10-15) but be careful on drinks or you're going to rack up a hefty bill quickly.

Hope others have a better experience with the food, want to see something in that building survive

We went Sunday night. While there was a significant wait, our service was pretty prompt if not very personable. Much better than the last time I was there. Food was very good both times and is reasonably priced.

We went to Cin Cin tonight as well with a group of 10 to celebrate our middle son's 24th birthday....his restaurant choice. Ordered the same burger as BDer (No Money No Honey) and it was very good. They we busy and service was actually pretty good given our group size and how busy they were. One knock on them was that 2 people had to wait an extra couple minutes for their food to arrive. I hate when restaurants do that but everything else was good.

Yeah they've always brought our food at different times, it's awkward, because I'm not going to let my food get cold but it's impolite to eat.

Kabobs on 4th St closed. Heard a rumor that one of the owners from Bib's was going to open a pizza place there.

Back