• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

I walked by Kabobs on 4th today on my way to Foothills for lunch. The rumor you heard regarding a pizza place opening there appears to be correct, as there is a sign on the awning that says "Twin City Pizza Slices" (or something to that effect).

I know the folks that owned Kabobs on 4th. Prior to that, they ran the Mexican restaurant across the street that also failed (where The Honey Pot is now). They are really nice people, but have had no success in their restaurant ventures.

Edited to add information from the WS Journal that was just released: http://www.journalnow.com/home_food...gnews/&utm_medium=email&utm_content=read more

Last edited:
That pizza place sounds like it's doomed to fail too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've eaten at Hakkachow in Winston 2 or 3 times now and it's always a good experience. Not fine dining by any stretch, but the food is really good, it's inexpensive, the restaurant looks upscale, and the service is always really good.

Pepperoni or cheese? Really?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yeah, it had better be a bomb ass pizza to only offer those two options. They're likely trying to keep food and labor costs hella low so if it's more expensive than a slice at Burke Street they're ripping people off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may as well not hire anyone and just get one of these:

enhanced-buzz-27219-1357854412-0.jpg

I walked by Kabobs on 4th today on my way to Foothills for lunch. The rumor you heard regarding a pizza place opening there appears to be correct, as there is a sign on the awning that says "Twin City Pizza Slices" (or something to that effect).

I know the folks that owned Kabobs on 4th. Prior to that, they ran the Mexican restaurant across the street that also failed (where The Honey Pot is now). They are really nice people, but have had no success in their restaurant ventures.

Edited to add information from the WS Journal that was just released: http://www.journalnow.com/home_food...gnews/&utm_medium=email&utm_content=read more

Sounds like a quick turnaround from Kabobs closing to this pizza place opening. Did Kabobs have pizza ovens? Sounds like this place will be serving frozen sheet pizza...

This looks intriguing.

Fresh.Local.Good. food group of Greensboro has opened Morehead Foundry, a food multiplex containing several restaurants, a bakery and more all under one roof.

Morehead Foundry, 433 Spring Garden St., is a 33,000-square-foot building. FLG, led by Lee Comer, also owns Iron Hen Cafe, 908 Cridland Road, Greensboro and in a second Iron Hen Cafe in Asheville.

Morehead Foundry holds several food businesses owned by FLG:

Four Flocks and Larder, an upscale Southern restaurant focusing on chicken, duck, quail and turkey
Revolution Burger, a fast-casual restaurant with 100 percent grass-fed and finished beef burgers and milkshakes
The Baker & The Bean, a bakery and coffeeshop
Hush, a private speakeasy
The Public, a private event space for parties, meetings, other gatherings and celebrations
FLG’s catering company, including a 9,000-square-foot catering kitchen.

Part of the building also serves at corporate headquarters for FLG.

Comer said that the idea behind the Morehead Foundry is that it offers economies for equipment and other needs that can be shared by several businesses.

For more details, visit http://freshlocalgoodfoodgroup.com.

That sounds really good. Iron Hen is fantastic.

Anyone know anything about Atelier? They just opened the Robinhood location a couple weeks ago, but now both locations have closed until further notice.

No chatter about the Red Robin coming to Winston?

I shamelessly love that chain.

Anyone know anything about Atelier? They just opened the Robinhood location a couple weeks ago, but now both locations have closed until further notice.

Whoa. Where did you see/hear that? I was just thinking about going there!

Back