• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

yes.

i always go with the veggies as the side since the buffalo chips appetizer is also a gift from god.

Has anyone been to any of the restaurants near Wal-Mart grocery and L.A. Fitness on Stratford. I've been to that PDQ a couple of times and have noticed a pizza place and a tavern of some sort back there.

Has anyone been to any of the restaurants near Wal-Mart grocery and L.A. Fitness on Stratford. I've been to that PDQ a couple of times and have noticed a pizza place and a tavern of some sort back there.

I hit up Tijuana Flats from time to time. It works for what it is.

I've done PDQ, Firestorm Pizza, Hickory Tavern, and Tijuana Flats. The only one I would return to again is PDQ.

I've done PDQ, Firestorm Pizza, Hickory Tavern, and Tijuana Flats. The only one I would return to again is PDQ.

Really? Hickory Tavern is ok for a TV laden sports bar option. Better than BW3 has become. Haven't had this TF, but went to one in FL and it was ok. Confused as to what sets Firestorm apart from the eleventy billion other pizza joints. PDQ is solid.

Really? Hickory Tavern is ok for a TV laden sports bar option. Better than BW3 has become. Haven't had this TF, but went to one in FL and it was ok. Confused as to what sets Firestorm apart from the eleventy billion other pizza joints. PDQ is solid.

I didn't mean to totally diss the other but for what they are, I tend to go elsewhere. I feel like HT tries to be an upscale sports bar which I think is dumb. I'll go Ham's over HT if I want to watch a game. I had a terrible first experience at TF. It has certainly clouded my opinion, but I'd still risk salmonella at Chipotle over TF. Firestorm is just subway but with pizza. I just don't care for that shtick. Maybe I'm just a grump.

I didn't mean to totally diss the other but for what they are, I tend to go elsewhere. I feel like HT tries to be an upscale sports bar which I think is dumb. I'll go Ham's over HT if I want to watch a game. I had a terrible first experience at TF. It has certainly clouded my opinion, but I'd still risk salmonella at Chipotle over TF. Firestorm is just subway but with pizza. I just don't care for that shtick. Maybe I'm just a grump.

Gross. Ham's is a good call. HT has tons of good TVs, solid enough food, and cheap beer. That's what I like in a sports bar.

Here's what I went with at Bernadins

Slice Marinated Rare Tuna: seaweed slaw, wasabi, Ponzu

Grilled Two 4oz. Angus Filet: portabella mushroom confit, blue cheese mashed potato, bone marrow truffle butter

Cinnamon Bread Pudding: with vanilla ice cream

Haven't been to Bernadin's since they moved. It's always been great though.

Also had a horrible first experience at Tijuana Fats - won't be back. Have enjoyed HT for what it is in a town with few sports bars. PDQ is aight when you are ok with spending 9 dollars on a fried chicken salad. PF changes is still not the same quality as the one in GSO but still just as expensive. Athena is awesome ALWAYS

Awesome!

Winston peeps - what happened to Skippy's? The sign in the window says "closed until further notice."

Back