• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Need some recs for nicer places in Winston-Salem for a dinner this week. There will three of us, a co-manager from CLT, and my boss is flying in from NYC. Obviously Ryans, 600, are on the list. Looking for other suggestions that I can present for them to choose from.

+1 for Spring House. I love the atmosphere there for pre/post-meal drinks at the bar.

Also, not on the 'nicer' side... but everybody here should check out Katsu in Clemmons. Their scallops are phenomenal, & I've been the only one in there the past few times I've gone.

It's a Hibachi & Sushi café, without any of the bells/whistles (everything is prepared in the kitchen). No booze... but, that just helps keep my dinner tab down.

Katsu Hibachi Cafe
https://g.co/kgs/2EEmzd

Mozelle's. Good enough for Henry Winkler...
Yeah I was gonna throw Mozelle's up there too, amazing food, imo it's more of a "casual fancy" vibe though (tbf I haven't really been for dinner since pre-pandemic), so I didn't know if they wanted something that was a little more formal feelin'.

Eastern Standard announced that they're closing in the new year which doesn't seem like the most shocking news.

Food Freaks is at Brouwerij Dubois this evening, and Juggheads on Saturday.

Is Brouwrij Dubois good? Kinda forgot that they opened as it's not close to me/on a side of town I frequent much.

Is Brouwrij Dubois good? Kinda forgot that they opened as it's not close to me/on a side of town I frequent much.
Currently they are only serving other brewery's beers (a mix of their favorites) in the tap room while finishing out the brewing portion of their space.

Like their mission, but I have a hard time getting excited to drive to that part of town to drink in what used to be a Subway lol.

Is there anything else in that area that is walkable even? Part of the appeal of all the breweries downtown is you can hop between them (and countless other bars) so easily.

These were the two that came to my mind and I'd probably choose both over Meridian. Nothing really against Meridian, I just think Bernardin's specifically is better and more consistent.

Sage and Salt opened in Willow's - haven't been or really heard much but it's an option.

I really like Cibo Trattoria as a date spot, not sure how it is for business.

Downtown Grille in 500W 5th was built for what specifically feels like business dinners.

1703 I feel like always gets overlooked and I've always enjoyed it.
Love 1703

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm partial to Ryan's and 1703. I know the owners (great people) and they allowed me to moonlight there back in the day.

Went to Ryan’s tonight for the first time in a long while.

It was pretty decent. Could go back.

Like their mission, but I have a hard time getting excited to drive to that part of town to drink in what used to be a Subway lol.

Is there anything else in that area that is walkable even? Part of the appeal of all the breweries downtown is you can hop between them (and countless other bars) so easily.
It’s a 30min walk from my in-laws, just swing by and say you’re freakadeac’s friend and they’ll serve you

TJs Deli is nearby

Went to try Heff’s tonight and found out they’re closed until Wednesday. Cool.

I’m headed to the game Saturday, and staying downtown that eve. Looking for a place for dinner for four. Atmosphere for date night vibe, we like different types of food so No southern fare Or steakhouses.

what’s the latest?

I haven't been to Winston in about ten years but I remember two "oddly" named places that were good- One was something like Tequila or La Tequila. Another was basically storefront taqueria with Tomato (Tomate) in name

Back