• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

My FIL is in rehab (hip) in Clemmons, and the sign at the shopping center has baffled me since it went up. Is it a restaurant? Is it an indoor playground? Is it a skate park for Italians?

Thanks for the info!
Yeah, the name is interesting for sure. The owner actually is a waiter at Ryan's. Not sure if he is giving that up to focus on this 100% or will do both.

So…The Katharine was good! I got the escargot appetizer and duck entree and they were both really delicious. Recommend getting some bread to sop up the escargot drippings. My wife got the tuna tartare appetizer which we both thought was really very good. Her salmon entree which was more seasoned/spicy than we expected. Breakfast was great for hotel food but probably wouldn’t make a trip there just for that.

If you’re staying at the hotel, definitely explore the rec room.

Last edited:
I’ve never had food at the Katherine, but I’ve been there many times for drinks and their drinks are pretty great.

We sorta pretended we escaped for a night to an old style place in NYC.

So in that regard it was fun…and a bargain!

Can't believe I'm hyping a bakery...but I am. Bobby Boy got a James Beard nomination last week....and the place is amazing. Food (and coffee) is amazing and staff is very friendly. Plan on waiting in line on Sat mornings.

Can't believe I'm hyping a bakery...but I am. Bobby Boy got a James Beard nomination last week....and the place is amazing. Food (and coffee) is amazing and staff is very friendly. Plan on waiting in line on Sat mornings.
real ones know. hopefully james beard traffic doesn't ruin it.

yeah I was gonna say, I hate when a place I like gets a james beard nom these days 😬

probably less impactful for a counter service bakery vs a full restaurant though, not like bobby boy wasn't already nuts on weekends

Sat morning my ass, i went past it saturday afternoon and the line was still basically around the building. Live close but never have been bc it's always insanely packed.

Sat morning my ass, i went past it saturday afternoon and the line was still basically around the building. Live close but never have been bc it's always insanely packed.
oh yeah it only gets worse as the hungover people awaken and are looking for a brunch pastry or 10

They don't usually roll out baguettes and lunch options until noon so there is usually a second surge around that time. 10am-11am is always nuts though.

I try to go kinda early at like 8am and usually never have a problem with either the line or even finding a place to sit. If I do end up going later, I just get the stuff to-go and it is just as good (unless you want a quiche or something). The line moves pretty fast.

Mid to late afternoons were usually pretty light too, though sometimes selection was a bit sparse. Bobby Boy was a pretty good replacement for Atelier on Trade. Also, I still miss Fabian's, and could never not think of it when I went to Bobby Boy.

Also, best coffee drive thru in the country is just a couple lots down as well.

Mid to late afternoons were usually pretty light too, though sometimes selection was a bit sparse. Bobby Boy was a pretty good replacement for Atelier on Trade. Also, I still miss Fabian's, and could never not think of it when I went to Bobby Boy.

Fabian's was so good, I only got to go once before it closed :cry:

Fabian's was the best, and his pizza places were awesome too. First real date with Mrs. Tvcigar was at the one on Country Club. First "fancy" dinner date was Fabian's. Great memories. Bobby Boy rocks.

real ones know. hopefully james beard traffic doesn't ruin it.

yeah I was gonna say, I hate when a place I like gets a james beard nom these days 😬

probably less impactful for a counter service bakery vs a full restaurant though, not like bobby boy wasn't already nuts on weekends

oh yeah it only gets worse as the hungover people awaken and are looking for a brunch pastry or 10

They don't usually roll out baguettes and lunch options until noon so there is usually a second surge around that time. 10am-11am is always nuts though.

I try to go kinda early at like 8am and usually never have a problem with either the line or even finding a place to sit. If I do end up going later, I just get the stuff to-go and it is just as good (unless you want a quiche or something). The line moves pretty fast.

Fabian's was so good, I only got to go once before it closed :cry:

Fabian's was the best, and his pizza places were awesome too. First real date with Mrs. Tvcigar was at the one on Country Club. First "fancy" dinner date was Fabian's. Great memories. Bobby Boy rocks.

My wife has been to Bobby Boy several times and is a big fan. I have yet to go but hope to sometime. Thx for the tips on timing.

Had several really good dining experiences at Fabian’s over the years.

134EBB7E-709D-4599-81C4-8BB6B84F1333.jpeg

Bobby Boy came in clutch for national croissant day this morning. In and out in under 5 minutes at around 8:30.

Back