• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

The Olive Tree in Winston opened up a new location near my house. Went here tonight, and the food was spectacular. I live in the middle of BFE, so it's nice to have something within 5 miles that isn't a local BBQ hole in the wall.

We moved out of town to SE FoCo years ago, and OT is our go-to when we're in town for a shopping run. We used to go there for date nights in high school when it was Taco Bell as well. Good for them, and you!

eta- Oh, damn, it's in Mocksville. My BIL and family live in Advance. Text sent.

We moved out of town to SE FoCo years ago, and OT is our go-to when we're in town for a shopping run. We used to go there for date nights in high school when it was Taco Bell as well. Good for them, and you!

eta- Oh, damn, it's in Mocksville. My BIL and family live in Advance. Text sent.
It's a former golf country clubhouse, so the layout isn't the best, but they're making it work. Last night at 6pm it was packed. A little noisy at first, but once it cleared out some, the noise calmed down. We got the blackened shrimp dip appetizer and i got the southern pork cutlets. Both exceptional.

Apparently Cook Out has bought the closed down Habit Burger spot in Clemmons.

They bought up two closed Mrs. Winner's locations in High Point recently as well. Expansion or new concept?
There is a Cook Out in Wilmington that has sit down dining so maybe they are expanding to that. I think the one in Kernersville may have that as well.

The Winston-Salem Journal articles seem to indicate Cookout loving investment properties, so it's possible not all of these 'locations' will come to fruition.

I really liked Habit Burger as a fast-food change of pace. Sad to see it go.

The Winston-Salem Journal articles seem to indicate Cookout loving investment properties, so it's possible not all of these 'locations' will come to fruition.

I really liked Habit Burger as a fast-food change of pace. Sad to see it go.
Well I hope they open in Clemmons. There have been rumors for years.

There is a Cook Out in Wilmington that has sit down dining so maybe they are expanding to that. I think the one in Kernersville may have that as well.
seems like most of the Cook Outs outside the Triad and Triangle offer inside dining. All the ones around here do.

it blew my mind my senior year when my family was coming up for graduation I spoke with them on the phone and they were having dinner in the Cook Out in Salisbury since obvi all the ones in W-S are drive thru only.

It's been a while since I've been inside, but unless I'm having a senior moment I'm pretty sure that the one on North Main Street in High Point has inside dining.

It's been a while since I've been inside, but unless I'm having a senior moment I'm pretty sure that the one on North Main Street in High Point has inside dining.
seems like most of the Cook Outs outside the Triad and Triangle offer inside dining. All the ones around here do.

it blew my mind my senior year when my family was coming up for graduation I spoke with them on the phone and they were having dinner in the Cook Out in Salisbury since obvi all the ones in W-S are drive thru only.

I think it really just comes down to the location's age and then the land they have. There are newer ones that don't have indoor dining but they're primarily crammed into their location on a busy road, but my feeling is that if they're newer, they more likely than not have seating. As Triple said, HP has indoor seating, the Kernersville one does, I know the newest in Greensboro does and the one on Shannon RD in Durham does as well just off the top of my head and I'm sure I'm missing some.

If I had to guess the majority in the triangle and triad are their older locations and thus the no indoor dining (although the HP location feels really old - Just double-checked and that was the first store with seating and it was in '96).

The old North High Point Cookout only had inside seating because that was the location for their corporate meetings back in the day.

I think it really just comes down to the location's age and then the land they have. There are newer ones that don't have indoor dining but they're primarily crammed into their location on a busy road, but my feeling is that if they're newer, they more likely than not have seating. As Triple said, HP has indoor seating, the Kernersville one does, I know the newest in Greensboro does and the one on Shannon RD in Durham does as well just off the top of my head and I'm sure I'm missing some.

If I had to guess the majority in the triangle and triad are their older locations and thus the no indoor dining (although the HP location feels really old - Just double-checked and that was the first store with seating and it was in '96).
The one in Kernersville has inside dining. They just opened one up on Reynolda Rd that doesn't. It is where Burger King was so there should have been plenty of room to build one there with inside seating.

I can't recall the last time I ate inside a traditional fas-food burger/ sandwich shop, i.e. McD, Wendy's, Cookout, ChickFilA, etc. . Sometimes I'll order inside, but back to the car to either eat on the road or sit and eat in the car before taking off. But def did a lot of inside dining back in the day with small children.

The one in Kernersville has inside dining. They just opened one up on Reynolda Rd that doesn't. It is where Burger King was so there should have been plenty of room to build one there with inside seating.

Wait, you're 100% right about the Reynolda road one, so my theory is kinda out the window.

It's also interesting because on google maps if you click into the parkinglot you can see the old BK. They removed the spots close to the building to make it two way traffic, then have the two drive-thru lanes plus an additional lane to get around things.

I haven't see it mentioned, and not a new spot, but my family is now addicted to Sabor Latin Grill (https://www.saborlatingrill.com/) on Miller Street. There are a bunch of locations in Charlotte, and we live close to the WS location but hadn't been until recently, and it is delicious.

Hoots no longer brewing beer. Switching to a bar/pub and music/event venue.
Honestly, probably for the best. Will be interesting to see what Mission Za replaces the Hoots IPA w/on the menu. They have been so loyal to Hoots for so long (or it's just a ploy to get people to order wine w/better margins because the beer list isn't good?)

Back