• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad Summer league starts 7/8

How 'bout the grad student?

That game was the best of the night. His team got down by double digits, and he led a comeback scoring about 8 points in a few minutes. He handles he ball well, has a quick release, and a decent touch around the basket. He made some questionable decisions late, but it was pretty sloppy. He shot the ball better from the top of the key, but everyone was really ice cold (except probably Mike Grace).

LD's offensive skillset has gotten so much better since he left Wake. He was penetrating under control, posting up smaller guards, and just generally making better decisions. It's still not great, but much improved. He definitely fouled Travis at the end of the game.

Evitimov was definitely the star of the night. Not a lot of dunks from anyone.

Caron much better handle but worse shooter than anticipated.

I liked Overton a little better than Deacfreak did. Has a good all around game. Looked physically stronger than CMM did last year. Kicks his leg out on jump shot. Almost like a fall away. Williams really played a good 2nd half. Quicker and a better ball handler/playmaker than I anticipated. Madison Jones really played well. Probably best player on the court tonight. Still can't shoot from outside. Bill still likes to shoot the 3 ball. Bz has a nice Benz and was well dressed.

I liked Overton a little better than Deacfreak did. Has a good all around game. Looked physically stronger than CMM did last year. Kicks his leg out on jump shot. Almost like a fall away. Williams really played a good 2nd half. Quicker and a better ball handler/playmaker than I anticipated. Madison Jones really played well. Probably best player on the court tonight. Still can't shoot from outside. Bill still likes to shoot the 3 ball. Bz has a nice Benz and was well dressed and had what looked to be a 19 year old stripper on his arm.

Fixed?

Understand that Williams scored 23. Must have taken a ton of shots if his shot is not very good.

I liked Overton a little better than Deacfreak did. Has a good all around game. Looked physically stronger than CMM did last year. Kicks his leg out on jump shot. Almost like a fall away. Williams really played a good 2nd half. Quicker and a better ball handler/playmaker than I anticipated. Madison Jones really played well. Probably best player on the court tonight. Still can't shoot from outside. Bill still likes to shoot the 3 ball. Bz has a nice Benz and was well dressed.

That leg kick is the only thing that particularly stood out about Miles to me. He loses so much lift on his jumper with it. He has great size. He just didn't stand out for me.

That leg kick is the only thing that particularly stood out about Miles to me. He loses so much lift on his jumper with it. He has great size. He just didn't stand out for me.

Funny that you both mentioned the leg kick, because that's the first thing I noticed about him when I saw him play AAU last summer. Guess we'll see if our coaching staff alters it.

Caron much better handle but worse shooter than anticipated.

I can't remember the last time we had someone who was a better shooter than anticipated, going back to the late 90s. Taron might have ended up a better shooter than initially anticipated. Maybe Dawson.

I can't remember the last time we had someone who was a better shooter than anticipated, going back to the late 90s. Taron might have ended up a better shooter than initially anticipated. Maybe Dawson.

Chris Ellis, obvi.

Back