• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad Summer league starts 7/8

Maybe I'm just too scarred by the Ammos/Hales/Gurleys who were supposed to be dead-eye outside shooters to remember the guys who shot the ball well.

We've had some guys like Teague and Downey that turned out to be better shooters than anticipated, but when (other than Craig Dawson) was the last time we recruited someone to be a shooter that actually delivered? Seems like for a number of years and several different coaches we've had more trouble recruiting a designated shooter that can actually shoot than we've had with any other area recruiting...

Love the Summer League. Easily our most optimistic time of the year!

you guys don't come back unless you have reports on DANIEL GREEN THE SAVIOR

I wonder of Daniel Green will even be kept on the team when we (hopefully) get a new coach. The kid isn't an ACC player.

We've had some guys like Teague and Downey that turned out to be better shooters than anticipated, but when (other than Craig Dawson) was the last time we recruited someone to be a shooter that actually delivered? Seems like for a number of years and several different coaches we've had more trouble recruiting a designated shooter that can actually shoot than we've had with any other area recruiting...

Outside of Duke, you could find stories like this all over the country. Same reason college shooters don't always translate. Game is just different.

Who exactly has said that Green is going to be a savior? I think a lot of people are arguing with a straw man. I think some people said he bulked up a lot and looked like he would be better last year than his freshman year and then he got injured.

Pretty much this.

Also, Coron can fill it up. Must have had a cold night. The concern with Coron is that he will be a defensive liability at the two given his size (or lack thereof), especially when we get into the conference schedule. That problem wont be highlighted during the summer league given the competition. He isnt as big as listed, and that is saying something. He will have a decent ppg, but let's hope he doesnt give up at the other end what he gets for us.

Regarding Green, I cannot imagine anyone suggesting that he will be the "savior" of this team. Despite his limited offensive skill set, however, he demonstrated a bullish tenacity on the boards. He went hard after the ball. However he was weak and lite, which meant he was pushed out of position a great deal. The reports prior to last season were that he had bulked up considerably; thus, the hope was that he would be a consistent force on the boards and on defense. That is still the hope, I suppose. A strong rebounder would free Devin to concentrate more on offense...and perhaps we might actually get some put-backs on offense.

According to reports, Green is 6'9" 230 which is pretty good size. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and show improvement while he recovers from this injury. TOB says he can start practice today but is being held out of the Pro-Am as a precaution.

Summer league reports used to be better. You locals suck now.

As an awesome coach once said, "never delay gratitude"

So ... you're welcome. And thanks.

Last night just wasn't eventful, seriously.

Last year I reported on something that you disagreed with (I think revolving around Chase Fischer) and you told me that you could never trust me with my reports again so I just quit doing it.

In all seriousness I just moved to Raleigh and can't make it anymore to do the write-ups and videos.

Again, why should we report anything on this board if our observations and opinions are mocked by many. Oh wait, you want it both ways!

Last year I reported on something that you disagreed with (I think revolving around Chase Fischer) and you told me that you could never trust me with my reports again so I just quit doing it.

In all seriousness I just moved to Raleigh and can't make it anymore to do the write-ups and videos.

Each time Jay has hung out with me, he showed up wearing a red nose and Size 17 shoes.

Don't take him too seriously.

According to reports, Green is 6'9" 230 which is pretty good size. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and show improvement while he recovers from this injury. TOB says he can start practice today but is being held out of the Pro-Am as a precaution.

Assuming he's 6'9 and 230, he'll be another five fouls to throw out there. Given what we had to work with last year, that's a substantial improvement in our frontcourt and might give Travis the opportunity to play SF every once in awhile. Regardless of whether he's an ACC-caliber player, he'll likely be our second best big next year, so there's always that.

I really want to know if Andre Washington looks even competent out there. Dude was years away from being years away last year.

Back