• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad Summer league starts 7/8

Recall that Andre was the pleasant surprise of last year's summer league..

I wonder of Daniel Green will even be kept on the team when we (hopefully) get a new coach. The kid isn't an ACC player.

Define ACC player for me. I certainly do not think he will be a savior (nor did anybody on here unless if I am mistaken), but think he could be a good player for us inside.

Green seems to be mentioned by Wellman and Bz more often than one would be expect given his expected contributions on this board. Based on their comments, he should at least start.

I really want to know if Andre Washington looks even competent out there. Dude was years away from being years away last year.

I disagree. He didn't get many minutes that mattered. From what I've seen of him in practice, pro-am, etc. He is more skilled than most of the bigs we have had come through recently as a frosh. He needs to be more aggressive, but he has good hands, and solid footwork. He strikes me as a kid that is very coachable FWIW.

Recall that Andre was the pleasant surprise of last year's summer league..

He was. He is on Evtimov's team this year, and I gotta think that relationship could be at least marginally beneficial.

I disagree. He didn't get many minutes that mattered. From what I've seen of him in practice, pro-am, etc. He is more skilled than most of the bigs we have had come through recently as a frosh. He needs to be more aggressive, but he has good hands, and solid footwork. He strikes me as a kid that is very coachable FWIW.

He weighed in (favorably) at 220 last year. Given his skinny frame, narrow shoulders, and his age (20 y/o sophomore), he strikes me as a guy who will take awhile - if at all - to fill out his frame.

The rest of what you wrote all makes sense, but I can't see him making much of a difference on either end of the floor unless he has put on a lot of weight. Hence, years away from being years away.

Has he made similar progress physically, as many reported DGreen to have made last summer?

Last year I reported on something that you disagreed with (I think revolving around Chase Fischer) and you told me that you could never trust me with my reports again so I just quit doing it.

In all seriousness I just moved to Raleigh and can't make it anymore to do the write-ups and videos.

I remember. I guess you ended up being right. You were pretty harsh as I recall and not on purpose but annoyingly affirmed rj's anti Fischer rants.

Congrats on the move. Raleigh is a much better city than Winston to get great food and chase great leg

Anyway sorry. I am a kinder gentler dude these days.

Saying Chase couldn't play D isn't being "anti-Fisher". It's telling the truth.

I love pickup game scouting reports.

Yes, I can remember a few years ago when I reffed a game where Cam Stan went off for about 44 points and everybody was thrilled about his future as a Deac. I asked Craig Dawson about it later as he was on the team who played against him that night. He laughed and basically said while he may have scored 44 on one end, he gave up 54 on the other. That is what pick up ball is and does not make for an ACC type player.

Saying Chase couldn't play D isn't being "anti-Fisher". It's telling the truth.

It went well beyond that but I won't rehash. Can't in fact. I have good long-term and short-term memory. No mid-term memory. Mid-term memory is like two weeks to 5 years for me. For example, I remember what the bar looked like in which we watched the Spurs -Lakers playoff game(s) 13 or so years ago, not the posts from last year.

I tried to go back and find it but I couldn't remember what thread it was on.

Summer league of old was a completely different game it appears. I remember when LD and Harvey Hale would average like 32 ppg and most of the Wake guys would put up 20 ppg. LD still playing, I'm sure better offensively than he used to and had only 15 pts the other night. Scoring has been down for 4 or 5 years it seems.
The box scores only show points but interesting to see Coron Williams with Wake's highest output at 22, Cav with 20 and Washington with 17.

Summer league of old was a completely different game it appears. I remember when LD and Harvey Hale would average like 32 ppg and most of the Wake guys would put up 20 ppg. LD still playing, I'm sure better offensively than he used to and had only 15 pts the other night. Scoring has been down for 4 or 5 years it seems.
The box scores only show points but interesting to see Coron Williams with Wake's highest output at 22, Cav with 20 and Washington with 17.

Defense is a little better or a least purposeful this year. A lot less cherry picking.

rjkarl said:
Chase - C- His shooting was too streaky. He needs to be ready to shoot whenever he gets a look. He hesitated too much this season. He should learn defensive angles better to make up for his lack of quickness.

from his "grading the players" last year thread. doesn't seem too harsh.

I miss the days when Tony Woods shattered* the backboard

They are playing tonight, correct. Look forward to more reports. Sounds like Coron can score the rock.

It went well beyond that but I won't rehash. Can't in fact. I have good long-term and short-term memory. No mid-term memory. Mid-term memory is like two weeks to 5 years for me. For example, I remember what the bar looked like in which we watched the Spurs -Lakers playoff game(s) 13 or so years ago, not the posts from last year.

You should thank townie for finding this :)

"Originally Posted by rjkarl
Chase - C- His shooting was too streaky. He needs to be ready to shoot whenever he gets a look. He hesitated too much this season. He should learn defensive angles better to make up for his lack of quickness."

"from his "grading the players" last year thread. doesn't seem too harsh."

Seems like you should start taking some Geritol, gingko biloba and an early onset dementia test might be in order.

This was end of year, I believe, per townie. I am talking pre-season last year chatter.

Back