• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

No more defending from me. That was turrible. Apparently erething that touches UNC is shit these days. That Pizzzolaaato can surely spin a Wopper

In your defense, I don't think anyone expected a finale that shitty. Holy hell, that was the worst, from the very first scene to the last.

I really havent had the same problem as others with following this season and thought it has been relatively well-done for the most part, but my god... that finale was shit.

So many problems I dont even know where to begin.

Yeah, that was bad. Went to bed mad at myself for wasting time watching that garbage.

terrible season. the first 3 episodes were awful. around episode four there was a little improvement. they all but hit the reset button halfway through with the time jump of a few months and for a second i thought it might improve. nope. there were some solid moments but nothing felt important. not the case. not the characters. you never really became invested in them or anything happening. pizzowhat'shisname needs more collaboration to reign him in and tell him when he's making no sense.

after the finale, red herrings, senseless deaths (from a story telling perspective), those dumb diamonds that everyone suddenly cared about and the random kids that were illegitimate and behind the whole thing? i can suspend my disbelief but jesus.

during the finale i was 45 minutes in and thanking god it was almost over only to have my wife realize it was a 90 minute episode. that was crushing. kelly reilly is effing pizzoletto?? or whatever his name is. it's the only explanation.

the whole season gave me blue balls. in my heart.

Have you ever seen a serious show about a profession in which the main characters were straight up shitty at it? Beziredes and velcoro did some of the worst police work ever caught on Camera that didn't involve the shooting of an unarmed urban teen.

"I'm wanted by the crooked police I used to work for, and they just saw me at the airport so they know I haven't left town. Better go check on my son AT HIS SCHOOL even though he never seemed to want anything to do with me in the first place, but hey, I'll just walk around like an idiot in the street and nobody is ever wary of suspicious adults lurking around school yards it'll probably be fine even though THEY HAVE MY FACE ON EVERY GODDAMN NEWS STATION IN THE TRI STATE AREA AND IM PROBABLY BEING BLAMED FOR THE AIRPORT SHOOTING TOO. Oh and just in case I think I've been seen, I'll be sure to upload my last message to my loved ones only after I've driven into the goddamn forest where there probably isn't service because hey, fuck Verizon. Also, I'm apparently part ginger, so I have that going for me."

Wtf

Hopefully Wicket or one of the other Ewoks came along to give first aid to Velcoro when he was murdered outside their village on Endor.

I actually didn't hate the finale. I thought the season got better and better as it went on.

The key issues were always that it was far too complicated a story, the writing with Vince and his wife was plain bad, and the stakes never felt as high as last season.

Everybody dying was about as good an ending as I could have asked for, given how convoluted a lot of the plotting was.

the truth is it's a fucking NOIR, so all that complicated shit was more like a red herring

frank's death scene was pretty damn good actually

people are just piling on at this point

Frank's death scene was pretty well done. I liked the juxtaposition of Frank's desert, Ani's ocean, and Ray's forest. Otherwise, I too am pissed at the season as a whole, despite a few good scenes (the DA telling Ray that they caught his wife's actual rapist, Ray's coke binge, the highway flyover transitions, Ani at the party, Ray beating the doctor).

Back