• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

So should I binge watch this yet or nah?

Definitely. I am sure it will be much better binge watching as you can see the story take shape a little more easily. Binge watch and then watch the finale. I wish I could have done that. There are some pretty great episodes in there. It's not season 1, but it's solid television.

Episodes have been getting better, this week I would go so far as to say I felt actively engaged in the plot. However...

Woodrough is down in the tunnels under the city, tunnels so deep and sparse that Holloway even audiblizes "these tunnels go all over the city", and after a mad scramble/shootout (while no doubt lost underground) he pops out at the one set of double doors that Mr. Iwasobviouslythekillerthewholetime happens to be posted guard? That's bullshit! Also, RIP Woodrough, you were a bad ass.

Not sure why he had such an issue with his own sexuality livin in modern day Cali. It ended up killing him in the end.

you aren't? LOL

Kelly Reilly is awful and has been since the opening episode. The "Because of the operation" convo a few eps back was the icing on the cake for her. But it should also be said that many of the lines written for her and VV are total dogshit. For every "And now you're shitting on my carpet," there is at least one "I've seen him fewer times in the last 3 months than my wife's period." Ugh. And I will reiterate that I don't think VV has been bad. His character is a bit of a caricature, but he didn't make him that way. It is written that way, as is every character to some extent in season 2. There are times when I think VV has been-- dare I say it?-- very good.

Kelly Reilly is awful and has been since the opening episode. The "Because of the operation" convo a few eps back was the icing on the cake for her. But it should also be said that many of the lines written for her and VV are total dogshit. For every "And now you're shitting on my carpet," there is at least one "I've seen him fewer times in the last 3 months than my wife's period." Ugh. And I will reiterate that I don't think VV has been bad. His character is a bit of a caricature, but he didn't make him that way. It is written that way, as is every character to some extent in season 2. There are times when I think VV has been-- dare I say it?-- very good.

I also think VV has been very good.

the writing has been somewhere between mediocre and really bad. there have been a few nice moments to be sure.

pretty sure someone mentioned it above but for my money the best line of the entire season has been "it's like blue balls. in your heart." that's about as awesomely terrible as anything i've ever heard on tv.

I think VV has done a great job. It's just those scenes with his wife that suck...really suck. She's horrible and the dialogue about the kid stuff was horrible and distracting for no reason. Take that crap out and he's been great.

The "can't have kids" storyline was a colossal waste of time. I think I sort of get why Pizzolatto went there..ie the running fathers theme...but it was not done well at all. The introspective approach did not match the storyline or the characters. The less that storyline was there, the better the show got. Definitely the dagger in half 1.

I'm starting to think they should have started with the shootout, then hooked everyone into the various storylines by the "how did they get there?" take on things.

He also listed a 13MM Chicago penthouse earlier this year. Hopefully just cashing in on the market rebound and not trying to cover gambling debts or something...

http://chicago.curbed.com/archives/...hns-swanky-threelevel-palmolive-penthouse.php

58892766.jpg

Back