• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump’s Own Team Knows His Caravan Claims Are Bullshit

I just looked at RCP. It's unbelievable that a Dem is down 15+% in MD.

No it's not unbelievable. Hogan in MD and Baker in MA will both cruise. They're moderate and neither are social conservatives. A moderate Pub can win the governor's mansion in MD by campaigning as someone who will rein in Dem spending in Annapolis. But if that same Pub turns around in 4 years and runs for US senate, he'll lose by 15-20 points.

I keep seeing people trying to compare Jealous in MD to Abrams and Gillum in GA and FL. Jealous isn't as popular or likable as Abrams and Gillum and Hogan is an incumbent and not an empty suit fool like Kemp and DeSantis.

One of my best friends is a very liberal MD voter and she's voting for Hogan because she thinks he will do a better job than Jealous.

How will electing her, again, make it easier for a progressive to win in 2024? It won't. It's actually the opposite, it will always be more difficult for a progressive leftist Dem to defeat a sitting incumbent Dem in the primary, than for a progressive to defeat a Republican in the general. What Dems like PH and others here won't admit to is that the current Dem primary system is set up to discourage and deny progressive candidates, especially challengers to incumbents. The Democrat party is openly and blatantly hostile to incumbents being primaried - so its naive as hell to act as if that primary process is somehow the best means to moving the party left.

Fuck, you can see that in real time right now in Maryland where the Maryland Democratic party has all but forsaken Governor candidate Ben Jealous after he won the primary in an upset. Every ChrisL & shoo in Maryland is voting for moderate Republican Larry Hogan to keep their taxes down.

If a progressive candidate can’t beat the Democratic establishment in Missouri, they have no shot at beating a Republican in the general election.

As a progressive candidate in Missouri, which scenario would you prefer in 2024:

1. Run a primary against a conservative Washington insider and then a general against whatever lunatic the Republican Nationalist party nominates as a reaction to President Harris; or

2. Run a primary against a slightly less conservative candidate with the same party backing but less political baggage and then a general against an incumbent rising star with strong backing from his party.

I keep seeing people trying to compare Jealous in MD to Abrams and Gillum in GA and FL. Jealous isn't as popular or likable as Abrams and Gillum and Hogan is an incumbent and not an empty suit fool like Kemp and DeSantis.

One of my best friends is a very liberal MD voter and she's voting for Hogan because she thinks he will do a better job than Jealous.

Tell her she's an idiot.

Will 3 US soldiers for each invader be enough to slow down the marauding horde? We can only hope and pray.

Will 3 US soldiers for each invader be enough to slow down the marauding horde? We can only hope and pray.

Well there are a lot of precincts where people may vote for Beto. Trump wants all those voters checked out at gunpoint.

Trump thinks so little of the troops that he is willing to deploy 15,000 during the holiday season for political purposes.

They’re really playing up the caravans in local NC. Slightly awkward with my Fox News watching mom and wife.

That requires people to understand geography. How many would be unable to locate the US on the map or understand the distance?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wall-people-trump-defends-military-presence-border/story?id=58878290

"Well, I try. I do try ... and I always want to tell the truth. When I can, I tell the truth. And sometimes it turns out to be where something happens that’s different or there’s a change, but I always like to be truthful," Trump said.
"You have caravans coming up that look a lot larger than it’s reported actually. I’m pretty good at estimating crowd size. And I’ll tell you they look a lot bigger than people would think," Trump said.

Trump thinks so little of the troops that he is willing to deploy 15,000 during the holiday season for political purposes.

Seriously. What happens if one of the them gets injured (incidentally) as part of this stunt. Thanks for your service son, but we really needed to gin up the base for the midterms. But we really do care about the troops!

*This is how monumentally stupid Americans look globally

Are we really going to mow down a bunch of Guatemalans looking for jobs as housekeepers and agricultural workers ?

Back