• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump fires Acting Attorney General Sally Yates

Something that gets lost in history is that the republicans provided the necessary votes to goth get cloture (end of debate) in the Senate and to pass the Civil Rights Act by voting 27-6 in favor. 23 democrats deserted their party and were the "solid south" democratic bloc that opposed all civil rights legislation. The democrats held 67 Senate seats (of 100) but the southern democrats were adamant that there would be no Civil Rights Act. There was a filibuster. Senator Al Gore (Sr,) was one of the southern democrats who participated in the filibuster and refused to support any Civil Rights legislation.

It is ironic that the party which ran the Jim Crow south is now the party supported by black voters.

You get why that is, right?

Yet just a few years later the black vote was going to democratic party candidates, representatives of the same party that had just been forced, sometimes literally by federal guns, the Jim Crow segregation.

Yet just a few years later the black vote was going to democratic party candidates, representatives of the same party that had just been forced, sometimes literally by federal guns, the Jim Crow segregation.

This is a joke, right?

He's got to be trolling....

Should we change the name of trolling to Trumping?

Just like it's ironic that the party of Lincoln is now the party of David Dukes, amirite?

Sally Yates. The woman who drove a man to sell his business because of radical policies.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/02/sally-yatess-legacy-of-injustice.php

I quit. Friday I walk away from the company I started 20 years ago and grew into 650 U.S. employees and $1 billion in sales of over 100 new medical devices. I didn’t quit because I’m old—I’m 56—or want to play golf. The reason I sold my company and ended a career I loved is to avoid the risk of being criminally prosecuted under the federal government’s “responsible corporate officer” doctrine for the second time.

The “crime” for which they indicted me was a few salespersons’ words about our Vari-Lase Short Kit. Prosecutors claimed that my company’s salespeople told physicians the kit should be used to treat perforator rather than saphenous varicose veins. The prosecutors continued to pursue the case even though their own experts admitted that the kit was FDA-cleared to treat all varicose veins, that it never harmed a patient, and that it constituted 0.1% of our sales. Federal prosecutors told our attorneys they had “invested their blood, sweat and tears” and needed “a body” in return. That body was me.

Fortunately, my company had the money to fight back. Our day in court finally came in February 2016. The four-week trial ended with not-guilty verdicts on all charges, without our calling a single witness in our defense. Following the trial, one juror emailed me: “What the federal government did to you, your company and your employees is nothing short of criminal.”

The Obama Justice Department, where the swamp draining has to begin. This is part of the consent decree with the Baltimore Police Department. How does this relate to someone's dying in police custody?

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...altimore-cops-what-pronouns-they-must-use.php

Ensure that BPD officers address and in documentation refer to all members of the public, including LGBT individuals, using the names, pronouns, and titles of respect appropriate to the individual’s gender identity as expressed or clarified by the individual. Proof of the person’s gender identity, such as an identification card, will not be required.

The Obama Justice Department, where the swamp draining has to begin. This is part of the consent decree with the Baltimore Police Department. How does this relate to someone's dying in police custody?

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...altimore-cops-what-pronouns-they-must-use.php

Ensure that BPD officers address and in documentation refer to all members of the public, including LGBT individuals, using the names, pronouns, and titles of respect appropriate to the individual’s gender identity as expressed or clarified by the individual. Proof of the person’s gender identity, such as an identification card, will not be required.

Be careful this weekend- it'll probably be too hot outside for delicate snowflakes like you.

Back