• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Pardons Joe Arpaiao and Sends Anti-trans Memo for action

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
WOW!

He supports a racist Sheriff and at the same time discriminates against heroic American soldiers and future soldiers.

Is trying to get impeached?

WOW!

He supports a racist Sheriff and at the same time discriminates against heroic American soldiers and future soldiers.

Is trying to get impeached?

While detestable, what about this conduct constitutes an impeachable offense? And it's not like this moves the needle for congressional republicans.

It's the totality of his actions. The pardon is saying fuck you to a lot of people and show that Trump is just getting started.

Trump is showing he and his friends are above the law.

By the way, impeachable is what the Congress say it is.

Although I tend to agree with you about impeachment, I'm not sure we won't get to the point that Republicans will say, "enough is enough" and put their buddy Pence (who is dangerous) in the Oval Office to stop Trump.

I kinda like that he pardoned Sheriff Joe. The man was just doing his job. America's job. He's a hero.

13-year-old rape victim ignored

Arpaio in 2011
In a controversial case, Arpaio's office was accused of ignoring Sabrina Morrison, a teenage girl suffering from a mental disability. On March 7, 2007, the 13-year-old was raped by her uncle, Patrick Morrison. She told her teacher the next day, and her teacher called the MCSO. A rape kit was taken, but the detective assigned to the case told Sabrina and her family that there were no obvious signs of sexual assault, no semen, or signs of trauma.[91]

As a result of the detective's statements, Sabrina was branded by her family as a liar. Her uncle continued to rape her repeatedly, saying he would kill her if she told anyone. She became pregnant by him, and had an abortion. The family did not know that the rape kit had been tested at the state lab, and showed the presence of semen. The lab requested that the detective obtain a blood sample from the suspect, Patrick Morrison.[92] Instead of obtaining the blood sample, or making an arrest, the detective filed the crime-lab note and closed the case for four years.[92]

It was not until September 2011 that the Sheriff's Office finally obtained a blood sample from Patrick Morrison, which was a DNA match with the semen taken over four years earlier. It wasn't until February 29, 2012, that Patrick Morrison was arrested and charged with one count of sexual conduct with a minor, at which point the MCSO closed the case. Only later was Sabrina's uncle charged with additional indictments based on information obtained from Sabrina by a victim's advocate, after the MCSO had closed the case. Patrick Morrison ultimately pleaded guilty, and was sentenced to 24 years in prison.[92]

In December 2011, responding to continuing media coverage of the controversy, and apparently unaware that there were hundreds of victims in these cases, Arpaio stated, in a press conference, "If there were any victims, I apologize to those victims."[93]

In August 2012, Sabrina Morrison filed a $30-million notice of claim (a precursor to a lawsuit) against Joe Arpaio and Maricopa County for gross negligence, a claim which was eventually settled for $3.5 million.[94][95]

What happens if California just seceds? Don't we make all the food? Seems like once we setup some desalinization plants we can just tell y'all to go fuck yourselves.

You would think that trump might call arpaio and say " look I know I said I was going to pardon you, but things are a little hot for me right now. Let's talk again in 6 months".

There some some chance Trump thinks that he just has to say something and it happens. Like when he said opioids were a national emergency but didn't actually do anything to make it so. Sort of a Michael Scott "I declare bankruptcy " situation.

Thank god there's a devastating hurricane to provide cover.

What happens if California just seceds? Don't we make all the food? Seems like once we setup some desalinization plants we can just tell y'all to go fuck yourselves.

We could ask OR and WA to join us and we are immediately either the #4 or #5 country in the world in GDP (it's very close with Germany). We would be close to being energy and food self-sufficient. We'd have much of the world's top technology. We'd be exporters of fruits, veggies and more.

Given that we wouldn't be threats to many countries, we could would have little defense spending. So, our taxes would go down.

What's even more fun to think about is how much higher the taxes in the other 47 states would have to be to cover the loser states our new country have been paying for.

I think there was a second heavy-handed explanation of pardoning Arpaio is to show those about to go before the Mueller grand jury, that Trump has their back and not to worry. Trump wanted to let Manafort, et al, know very clearly that he will pardon them if they protect him.

Trump truly believes he's above the law.

There some some chance Trump thinks that he just has to say something and it happens. Like when he said opioids were a national emergency but didn't actually do anything to make it so. Sort of a Michael Scott "I declare bankruptcy " situation.

Michael Scott was a better businessman than Trump

Michael Scott was a better businessman than Trump

We could ask OR and WA to join us and we are immediately either the #4 or #5 country in the world in GDP (it's very close with Germany). We would be close to being energy and food self-sufficient. We'd have much of the world's top technology. We'd be exporters of fruits, veggies and more.

Given that we wouldn't be threats to many countries, we could would have little defense spending. So, our taxes would go down.

What's even more fun to think about is how much higher the taxes in the other 47 states would have to be to cover the loser states our new country have been paying for.

Believe by your own words and standards, this would be treason

Sure but they could rejoin the US and put up memorials to the traitors and be dicks about it for at least 150 years.

I didn't say we'd take up arms against the United States. That's what I said was treason.

Nothing I said in that post said we'd declare war on the United States or shoot at the American military.

I didn't say we'd take up arms against the United States. That's what I said was treason.

Nothing I said in that post said we'd declare war on the United States or shoot at the American military.

What if the American military refused to vacate federal installations located within the Republic of California after you repeatedly asked them to leave? What would you do then, Edmund Ruffin Karl?

Back