• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Pardons Joe Arpaiao and Sends Anti-trans Memo for action

What did numbers post?

Color me shocked that you care more about a post on a message board than the actions and pardon of a psychopath like Joe Arpaiao

No, because the only thing I've cared about, or posted about, on this thread was numbers post. Comical that none of you can address it, but keep trying to make my post about things that are completely different

Because he didn't say what you allege. Here's his post:

"If the bulk of GOP members on here are any sign of what the party will do then Donald was right he can shoot someone in NY and walk."

He didn't say Trump did that.

But, of course, you won't respond to what supporting Trump says about you.

If the bulk of GOP members on here are any sign of what the party will do then Donald was right he can shoot someone in NY and walk.

JHMD 2&2 and BKF are too busy playing whataboutism and deflecting from their party's president to care what Donald does

What did trump do that was illegal?

If numbers is referring to GOP lawmakers, then no I don't agree. If numbers is talking about Trump's GOP base, then yes I agree.

Your response to his post is just astonishingly moving the goalposts, which is why everyone is looking at it like WTF.

yes i think that trump could shoot somebody and his base wouldn't care

Yeah. Plenty of people have shot somebody with the support of Trump's base.

I've also learned that tintin doesn't understand hyperbole.

to be fair tintin doesn't understand much

Rounding up Hispanic people for the crime of being Hispanic and subjecting them to abuse. Holding people, including those that had not yet been convicted of anything, in his inhumane tent prison, which he referred to as his "concentration camp." Where the temperatures would get as high as 120 degrees and as low as 40 degrees. Forcing inmates to work in chain gangs. Denying necessary medical coverage.

Keeping women in shackles as they gave birth. Setting up a camera in the women's bathroom and broadcasting the footage online.

Staging an assassination attempt against himself, framing someone for it, and holding that guy in prison for four years. Neglecting rape and sexual assault victims, some of whom were children. The botched SWAT raid where Arpaio's men set a house on fire.

Oh, and he tried to destroy hard drives to avoid turning over material to a court.

On top of it all, taxpayers paid out $140MM in Arpaio lawsuit settlements.

Also, I don't really think this was a signal to anyone else. Of course Trump will pardon any of his associates, as long as the pardon helps Donald Trump, his children, and/or pumps up the adoration of his base. But he'll cut anyone loose if it benefits him to do so, or if his mood shifts. Anyone who actually takes a fall anticipating loyalty from Trump is an idiot.

4. So why is there so much bipartisan outcry over clemency for Arpaio?

The Justice Department opened its investigation into Arpaio after a referral from a federal judge and career prosecutors from the public-integrity section led the case.

Matthew Axelrod, a Justice Department official during the Obama administration, said "the granting of this pardon exhibits disrespect" for the federal judiciary.

"By pardoning him," Axelrod said, "Trump effectively neutered the ability of the judge who issued that order to have it enforced. That's a dangerous precedent."

He added: "Sheriff Arpaio was not convicted of 'doing his job,' as [Trump] said the other day; he was convicted of failing to enforce the law consistent with the Constitution."

Fuck this guy and it didn't justify a pardon, I wish we could have gotten similar outrage when Obama pardoned a traitor because he wanted to cut his dick off

I doubt you'd see the same level of outrage if Trump commuted Arpaio's sentence after he served seven years in prison.

Republicans love false equivalencies. Even something as outrageous as 7=0.

Republicans love false equivalencies. Even something as outrageous as 7=0.

One was a trans woman that wasn't the perfect soldier that all military men and women MUST be, the other was a racist dude that abused and discriminated against brown people. Simple math.

Back