• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump White House's Mishandling of Classified Material

Judge seems inclined to grant the special master to review the documents. Apparently is completely unmoved by the fact that documents were represented by Trump not to be there, were in fact there. This is what appointing a 40-year old judge gets you after you've already lost the election.

Trump judges blatantly acting on Trump's behalf will only strengthen the argument for impeaching Trump judges for enabling Trump.

Trump judges blatantly acting on Trump's behalf will only strengthen the argument for impeaching Trump judges for enabling Trump.

You think there's going to be a widespread impeachment of judges?

When is the last time any judge has been impeached?

I did the math, and only 15 judges have ever been impeached and they all involved crimes.

No. I don't think there's going to be a widespread impeachment of judges.

I have seen discussions about whether or not judges appointed by a criminal president should be impeached. Judges blatantly acting on behalf of that criminal president strengthens the argument.

I have seen discussions about whether or not judges appointed by a criminal president should be impeached. Judges blatantly acting on behalf of that criminal president strengthens the argument.

Aren't most of the conservative appointees over the last 30 or so years Federalist Society-affiliated judges?

I'd love to see it happen. Some of them are completely incompetent. Having said that, there are a few credible ones mixed in.

Judge seems inclined to grant the special master to review the documents. Apparently is completely unmoved by the fact that documents were represented by Trump not to be there, were in fact there. This is what appointing a 40-year old judge gets you after you've already lost the election.

all the articles I read when he first announced the special master thing seemed to imply he'd have a good chance of getting that granted.

Aren't most of the conservative appointees over the last 30 or so years Federalist Society-affiliated judges?

Not sure. I don't know about all levels of the courts or when the Federalist Society started taking over the process.

Even without widespread or any impeachments, Trump judges acting in bad faith or in deference to politics due to their lack of qualifications for the role undermines the Judicial Branch.

that's the thing. they think he is still useful or at least they think he could be harmful to them. i think most wish they had a different option (desantis-esq version would be great for them). their best case scenario was they got what they wanted from donnie jenius. he steps away quietly after he lost and the gop name checks him as their lord and savior but get to move on. they f'd around and i hope they find out. not holding my breath though.

It started that way. But specifically white evangelical voters fell head over heels in love with the guy. He slots right into the mold of angry evangelical pastor spewing a bunch of bullshit to make people feel validated with their lives that you should never ever question or turn on. He would still run away with the gop nomination. There’s literally no detail of this that would change that. They adore the guy. Trace his “authority” back to the prosperity gospel. Wealth = morality, education is the enemy of faith, and the world is scary and coming to get you. Also, racism.

Yep. The idea of bringing in Pence to legitimize Trump with white evangelicals seems comical now.

It started that way. But specifically white evangelical voters fell head over heels in love with the guy. He slots right into the mold of angry evangelical pastor spewing a bunch of bullshit to make people feel validated with their lives that you should never ever question or turn on. He would still run away with the gop nomination. There’s literally no detail of this that would change that. They adore the guy. Trace his “authority” back to the prosperity gospel. Wealth = morality, education is the enemy of faith, and the world is scary and coming to get you. Also, racism.

And to turn on him now, one would have to confess they were wrong and face ostracism from the cult which defines their identity.

And to turn on him now, one would have to confess they were wrong and face ostracism from the cult which defines their identity.

The confession isn’t the issue. It’s quite literally career suicide for a Republican to come out against trump.

The empty folders marked classified are really troubling.

What a total shit show. So Trumpish; he has to be laughing his crusty ass off. Unfortunately, we are grasping at straws to even think this will bite him in the ass.
Too bad the FBI Upper Management didn't handle this better. Politics is a bitch.

What a total shit show. So Trumpish; he has to be laughing his crusty ass off. Unfortunately, we are grasping at straws to even think this will bite him in the ass.
Too bad the FBI Upper Management didn't handle this better. Politics is a bitch.

what are you talking about?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that somehow, DeacsPop got confused about what happened, but is somehow going to shade in the direction of Trump being okay here and that it was someone else's fault.

Back