• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's America (World) Mafia - Day 8 Ends 5:30 PM EST

Tricky thing was the messages couldn't be changed by either of us until day 3. But since I killed him, I made up fake messages on day 1. Thought that'd clear Timdunk with everyone except possibly the other mafia.

I think if Smooth doesn't randomly hit Timdunk, he could have had an easy path to the final. Even before Bym destroyed our mafia, we were basically planning on selling out everything for him.

Ya you all played a good game. Though Maf 2 was going to take out tim either way

Together they crafted message (which was nullified when chaos killed doofus)

Starting Day 3 they could edit their message they crafted together and send it to whoever. I was hoping they wouldn't realize till Day 3 they were each mafia

It was the other masons, who knew they were both cits. Meant we were two mafia.

Plus doofus didn't show up in chat or try to reveal. I didn't want to reveal because we were going to kill doofus that night so I didn't want to give myself away. A cit doofus would want to come out as masons.

Tricky thing was the messages couldn't be changed by either of us until day 3. But since I killed him, I made up fake messages on day 1. Thought that'd clear Timdunk with everyone except possibly the other mafia.

fair point

should have thought of that

BYM with his investigations killed our team. Well done.
Smoove, how/why did you make that kill on tim? We RB'd the other mafia thinking they'd make a hit on tim that night and despite being successful, you come out of nowhere with your play. Didn't see it coming at all so props.

Mafia 2 luckboxed their way through the game. You guys should have assumed we'd do what we did night 1 on doofus, and RB'd Chaos. Or made a hit on chaos as well. Diego was living on borrowed time after the Loki incident (not to mention his faux-analysis to start the game). And gouda, you played well but you were nowhere near as clean as you thought you were. Maybe it was just because we were mafia and knew what Diego was doing but you pushed way too hard for him to die. Don't remember having much of a read on Toogs so good job there.

Definitely enjoyed the game. Well done, Tejas. What was the recruit mechanism?

As for game make-up, I think civs had a significant advantage. Mafia truly only had 3 members as the masons were always on borrowed time. And each mafia also had a civ with a basic game mechanic that would get them revealed (loki with diego and someone else (ryala maybe?) for our team). And then throw on basically three cops (main cop, backup cop, and chic's truther role).

I'd probably remove the back-up cop and allow chic to do her move one time if run again.

Thanks for the game, Tejas. Would have probably been different if Hammer showed up, as that was a pretty powerful indy role that went to waste.

I'm going to let Tejas explain my role, as it was fairly complex and I didn't know about all of it. I fully intended to go through the game as a civ, though. Especially the way things were going.

I'd probably remove the back-up cop and allow chic to do her move one time if run again.

I think that's fair.

Seems like we haven't had a cop make it that far in a while, whether luckboxing the cop N1 or being AAed. Maybe that's why we got 1 and 2 half cops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious was mafia chat was like when I revealed last night?

I really wanted to be greedy and make another night, but thought having 2 hits is too much to give up.

Mafia 2 luckboxed their way through the game. You guys should have assumed we'd do what we did night 1 on doofus, and RB'd Chaos. Or made a hit on chaos as well. Diego was living on borrowed time after the Loki incident (not to mention his faux-analysis to start the game). And gouda, you played well but you were nowhere near as clean as you thought you were. Maybe it was just because we were mafia and knew what Diego was doing but you pushed way too hard for him to die. Don't remember having much of a read on Toogs so good job there.

I didn't realize they knew each other were mafia but I disagree that targeting opposite mafia early is good

I really wanted to be greedy and make another night, but thought having 2 hits is too much to give up.
We were between you and chic for saying "x is mafia" in the night 3 note. However, even if we went with you, not much really would have changed. You'd still have come out with your info and people would have realized night 3 news wasn't true. We chose chic b/c we thought she'd get defensive and wouldn't be able to talk herself out of it.

Once you revealed, we had no intention of ever killing you. I'm dead, you got Chaos and tic, and tim was the gf. If anything, we wanted you to stay alive to find the other mafia or investigate tim.

I didn't realize they knew each other were mafia but I disagree that targeting opposite mafia early is good
Agree with you in theory. But given the roles it made sense.

We didn't know for sure doofus was mafia but had some suspicions it was plausible. But either way, we knew if we killed doofus, we'd be able to control the messages 100%. As well, once the other masons came out, it'd look very suspicious if doofus/chaos also came out as masons.

Great game tejas, super modding. Loved my team, nonny is a god and I had no idea chaos was that good from not interacting with him much. Do think we got a little unlucky, but thems the breaks. Fun game. Good job civs. Tim actually did have a crisis btw.

BYM with his investigations killed our team. Well done.
Smoove, how/why did you make that kill on tim? We RB'd the other mafia thinking they'd make a hit on tim that night and despite being successful, you come out of nowhere with your play. Didn't see it coming at all so props.

Definitely enjoyed the game. Well done, Tejas. What was the recruit mechanism?

As for game make-up, I think civs had a significant advantage. Mafia truly only had 3 members as the masons were always on borrowed time. And each mafia also had a civ with a basic game mechanic that would get them revealed (loki with diego and someone else (ryala maybe?) for our team). And then throw on basically three cops (main cop, backup cop, and chic's truther role).

Thanks for the game, Tejas. Would have probably been different if Hammer showed up, as that was a pretty powerful indy role that went to waste.

I'm going to let Tejas explain my role, as it was fairly complex and I didn't know about all of it. I fully intended to go through the game as a civ, though. Especially the way things were going.

I think that's fair.

Seems like we haven't had a cop make it that far in a while, whether luckboxing the cop N1 or being AAed. Maybe that's why we got 1 and 2 half cops.

Recruiting mechanism was updated in RW write up. He was added to mafia when a gf was found by hunter with 2 or less mafia or if rw was lynched

You also had to remember there was a gunsmith and a JOAT indy. Those I thought added the balance 9if not tipped the odds in mafias favor). I was worried when I wrote it mafia was OP (considering Indy could kill too) But neither showed

They didn't know for sure but guessed it as a possibility when doofus didn't respond in chat and other masons claimed civ. In retrospect i wouldn't have told knight and smidge they were civs

"Well, that's it for us."

Back