• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's America (World) Mafia - Day 8 Ends 5:30 PM EST

Also, what happened with the masons dying at the same time? They both just get hit or was that a game mechanic?

Either way, I really like the idea of a known component being masons in the future both die when one gets hit by mafia. Would eliminate the instant coming out by masons in the thread and add a strategic aspect to the game for them.

They didn't know for sure but guessed it as a possibility when doofus didn't respond in chat and other masons claimed civ. In retrospect i wouldn't have told knight and smidge they were civs
Also, as Nonny said, there was the power. Whether Doofus was mafia or not, a messaging power while staying hidden was our best option.

I think if Smooth doesn't randomly hit Timdunk, he could have had an easy path to the final. Even before Bym destroyed our mafia, we were basically planning on selling out everything for him.

Hahaha not random! Was pretty sure he was dirty - it just took me a few rounds longer to be 100% sure.

Also, what was with Doofus not revealing all the info on his mason powers/role to his mafia? He thought there was a mole?

Reactions: tic
Hahaha not random! Was pretty sure he was dirty - it just took me a few rounds longer to be 100% sure.
Did you not believe the "Tim is not mafia" messages? Just about everyone else in the thread was accepting those as true. Hence why it at least felt random.

"Wow..."

Bym did the heavy lifting, and Dickvision snuck in for the kill shot. Think we would have walked away with it if he didn't snipe our GF.
Kinda, we were about to take out your GF (didn't know he was mafia at the time) before Smoove hero balled TimDunk.

BYM with his investigations killed our team. Well done.
Smoove, how/why did you make that kill on tim? We RB'd the other mafia thinking they'd make a hit on tim that night and despite being successful, you come out of nowhere with your play. Didn't see it coming at all so props.

Mafia 2 luckboxed their way through the game. You guys should have assumed we'd do what we did night 1 on doofus, and RB'd Chaos. Or made a hit on chaos as well. Diego was living on borrowed time after the Loki incident (not to mention his faux-analysis to start the game). And gouda, you played well but you were nowhere near as clean as you thought you were. Maybe it was just because we were mafia and knew what Diego was doing but you pushed way too hard for him to die. Don't remember having much of a read on Toogs so good job there.

Definitely enjoyed the game. Well done, Tejas. What was the recruit mechanism?

As for game make-up, I think civs had a significant advantage. Mafia truly only had 3 members as the masons were always on borrowed time. And each mafia also had a civ with a basic game mechanic that would get them revealed (loki with diego and someone else (ryala maybe?) for our team). And then throw on basically three cops (main cop, backup cop, and chic's truther role).

I'd probably remove the back-up cop and allow chic to do her move one time if run again.

I knew I could only take out people that had voted for Mystery, so I was pretty locked on those five throughout - obviously didn't want to take out a civ. Tried to stay under the radar (and I wasn't exactly playing awesome, so that helped.) Tim didn't hit on Mafia until night 4, and I just felt like his appearances on the thread felt Mafia-ish. Either he was using his "emergency" as an excuse - or he was having a real emergency, in which case he didn't need to worry about playing Mafia. Didn't realize I would end up dying, though.

Fun game! I'm so rusty in playing this.

Kinda, we were about to take out your GF (didn't know he was mafia at the time) before Smoove hero balled TimDunk.

Yeah, that would have been problematic. Was just thinking from a civ standpoint. He had zero heat and Redwing would have clinched it.

Shouldn't have taken a hit off that mafia crack pipe. Ya'll are all enablers. Thanks Tejas, that was fun

I said this in chat, but it merits repeating:

This is one of the most impressively written games we've had in the last four or five years. Achieving balance in a meta rife with AA's in a game with so many specials is a monumental task. Tejas gave everyone in this game a fun role and handled it like a fucking boss. The modding was among the best I've ever seen.

Thanks

Our role basically mandated that you let us know we were both civs. We were the only protection in a game full of fucking vigs.

Lol. Thats right. Now I remember why I did that

Did you not believe the "Tim is not mafia" messages? Just about everyone else in the thread was accepting those as true. Hence why it at least felt random.

Well, Tejas said like twelve times "TRUST NO ONE", so...no, I did not. They did make me delay a round or two, though.

I said this in chat, but it merits repeating:

This is one of the most impressively written games we've had in the last four or five years. Achieving balance in a meta rife with AA's in a game with so many specials is a monumental task. Tejas gave everyone in this game a fun role and handled it like a fucking boss. The modding was among the best I've ever seen.

cosigned

Recruiting mechanism was updated in RW write up. He was added to mafia when a gf was found by hunter with 2 or less mafia or if rw was lynched

You also had to remember there was a gunsmith and a JOAT indy. Those I thought added the balance 9if not tipped the odds in mafias favor). I was worried when I wrote it mafia was OP (considering Indy could kill too) But neither showed

Honestly forgot about the Indy. Games keep getting borked by no shows.

Also, what happened with the masons dying at the same time? They both just get hit or was that a game mechanic?

Either way, I really like the idea of a known component being masons in the future both die when one gets hit by mafia. Would eliminate the instant coming out by masons in the thread and add a strategic aspect to the game for them.

both got hit

mafia got an extra hit when other all died

BYM with his investigations killed our team. Well done.
Smoove, how/why did you make that kill on tim? We RB'd the other mafia thinking they'd make a hit on tim that night and despite being successful, you come out of nowhere with your play. Didn't see it coming at all so props.

Mafia 2 luckboxed their way through the game. You guys should have assumed we'd do what we did night 1 on doofus, and RB'd Chaos. Or made a hit on chaos as well. Diego was living on borrowed time after the Loki incident (not to mention his faux-analysis to start the game). And gouda, you played well but you were nowhere near as clean as you thought you were. Maybe it was just because we were mafia and knew what Diego was doing but you pushed way too hard for him to die. Don't remember having much of a read on Toogs so good job there.

Definitely enjoyed the game. Well done, Tejas. What was the recruit mechanism?

As for game make-up, I think civs had a significant advantage. Mafia truly only had 3 members as the masons were always on borrowed time. And each mafia also had a civ with a basic game mechanic that would get them revealed (loki with diego and someone else (ryala maybe?) for our team). And then throw on basically three cops (main cop, backup cop, and chic's truther role).

I'd probably remove the back-up cop and allow chic to do her move one time if run again.

Salt

Excellent game, massive style points to rommy for the acrostic, and super fun maf chat (Andy fucking with rommy in gchat after I died). So close to an effortless blowout victory if not for dv7 touching my butt.

Back