• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Two wake fball players suspended

Well...Anderson has a court date on 8/21 in Alamance county for failure to wear a seatbelt...

Littering and... littering and...

tumblr_mw2dhyokHg1smbf1ao1_400.gif

Why only five games for such a serious victimless indiscretion?

This question still remains. Five games for just smoking weed is excessive. So what else?

Great to know that our coach is a total pain in the ass about smoking a little weed.

It's a mistake to hold all student athletes to the same standard. They all come from much different backgrounds.

The tennis/soccer player from a private school should be held to a different standard when it comes to smoking the dope than that of a football player from a much MUCH different background.

It's a mistake to hold all student athletes to the same standard. They all come from much different backgrounds.

The tennis/soccer player from a private school should be held to a different standard when it comes to smoking the dope than that of a football player from a much MUCH different background.
Now that's a hot take.

He went to The Hun School as a PG. That's a very exclusive PRIVATE prep school in NJ.

No. Just stop. No.

I'm not referencing this particular case. It's been an argument in the past, one that I think as a little bit of merit.

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

So, and I'm using a hypothetical here, the female golf player from Hollywood, CA that grew up going to private schools should be held to the same standard as the football player that grew up in Miami, FL in a much different setting?

I'm not saying it's right, and I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished. However the "3-strike rule" as it's commonly referred to as is tough to implement to different people across the board under the same set of rules that come from very different backgrounds.

Makes sense. So crack could be fine for a kid from the inner city but oxycontin wouldn't. And vice versa for the kid from the country club.

So, and I'm using a hypothetical here, the female golf player from Hollywood, CA that grew up going to private schools should be held to the same standard as the football player that grew up in Miami, FL in a much different setting?

I'm not saying it's right, and I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished. However the "3-strike rule" as it's commonly referred to as is tough to implement to different people across the board under the same set of rules that come from very different backgrounds.

What's the argument for holding them to different standards? Public school kids don't know that weed is illegal and against team rules?

What's the argument for holding them to different standards? Public school kids don't know that weed is illegal and against team rules?

I think it follows the same standard that some kids just don't know any better and they've grown up in very different environments. I remember a story running about some guys eating steaks with their hands. I think there's a better process. I don't know what that may be - I certainly don't have all of the answers.

Back